QuittingAdderall.com Forums

hi Groundhogdaze,

first, i love your username! don't know if this was the inspiration for it it, but living an addiction definitely feels like reliving the same day over and over. it's miserable, and it seems like no matter what you try, it ends up the same. however... most of us on this board are living proof that this is not true. 

anyway, welcome back to the forum! looks like you posted here about a year ago.. glad to see that you are still actively trying to quit. has anything changed since last year? from that last year post, it sounded like you weren't even sure whether you wanted to quit or not. also curious whether you have completely stopped the benzos and anti-d? i'm assuming the benzos were the reason for the rehab stint, but from what i understand, that is a TOUGH one and you made it out the other side!

it sounds like at your level of abuse, there will never be a safe way to use adderall. the decision is made for you. you've experienced the physical effects.. if it's doing visible damage on the outside, just imagine what is happening on the inside. therefore, the two most important things now are:

*have you cut off all sources? - this includes your doctor, friends, etc.

*do you have a base of support? - can you take the time you need to make it through at least the first few months without worrying about work, supporting yourself, etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You're definitely not unmotivated because your addressing a serious issue that has changed your life.

Insecure, no, you shared your experience.  That is brave.

Indecisive, making a decision to stay on this forum for support is a step in the right direction.

Scattered, your thoughts and feeling were expressed well so obviously matters of importance allow you to articulate.

Writing this, I hope, gives you the support to keep going forward in the direction you wish your life to become.  Wish you much success and I'm in the same place you are so you're not alone.