QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I'm No Superman

duffman

Awesome post, that's the adderall experience right there. At least for me too. I was going to be a singer song writer maybe a famous dj too while breezing through a degree that demanded 40-50 hours a week from the smartest students on campus. Still trying to get back to reality but it's only been 9 months. Looking forward to getting this first year under my belt. Happy for you. 

• Like 2

On 1/13/2018 at 1:45 PM, duffman said:

I pictured myself going through TV interviews and perhaps having my own show. I found myself prepping what I would say at academic conferences where everyone would be gushing over my absolute brilliance (still have the word document on my old computer with what I would say).

lol absolutely did the same thing. i have tape recordings of myself conducting an interview WITH MYSELF, using different voices, so I could listen back to it and hear what it would sound like to be a wildly popular musician :lol:  i've listened back to those recordings, and it's brutal, cringy but hilarious.

On 1/13/2018 at 1:45 PM, duffman said:

That's the thing about these stimulant medications though, they provide the FEELING of succeeding at something. You begin to exist in your own reality where you feel like you've accomplished all these great things already. It skips over the hard work and sacrifice it requires to get to these circumstances and instead allows you to feel the end result of accomplishing something great without actually doing anything. 

truer words were never said. i have TONS of notes, and ideas and half started projects littered around my hard drive from those days, but back then it felt great to just think and plan, rather than actually do. don't have the heart to delete it all, so instead i archived it. to be honest, many of them were actually pretty good ideas.. but when you're on adderall, there is no concept of "spreading yourself too thin". in the real world, there are only so many fucks to be given about things in life (:

awesome to hear about your physical therapy board exams!! i was actually in school for Exercise Science with the intention of becoming a PT, but then i changed courses to finance and IT, so now now i'm developing physical therapy EMR software. it's a great industry, but regulated to hell (medicare doesn't make anything easy for us) lol

• Like 1