QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Anyone's experience with Modalert?

I've been trying several different Nootropics with varying degrees of success.  I forgot I had order Modalert 200mg and took today.  I'm approaching the 5month off Adderall mark and while I miss it, will never be on that crap again, nor any other psychiatric medications/drugs.

Whew...was wondering what anyone else's experience were...are?  

There's no way this is a Nootropic in the sense that is doesn't cause harm...feels WAY TOO Adderall-like.   And unfortunately I took 2....

Really odd, kind of helped remind me why Adderall was so bad for me, some of the physical side effects I got from Adderall I am experiencing with Modalert.  Trouble with body temperature regulations, rapid heartbeat, jittery feeling, shaky hands.  I may try just 200mg one day, but probably not soon .... Just curious if anyone else has any experience with...

I did try this once since quitting Adderall. It is basically Modafinil which in the US does require a prescription. You can order easily on line however. I read it is an alternative Med for ADHD however after taking it I fully agree with you. I had all the same symptoms you described plus was completely wiped out the following day. I would not advise anyone start taking this.

3 hours ago, Kimber said:

Sucks, because, like Adderall, I got a ton done...also not necessarily a good thing...but pretty difficult to find anything really bad on it....frustrating.

i'd be careful with this. while it is not an amphetamine, and it's effects on the brain are probably different, it can be easy to fall into a "rebound" addiction to "getting a ton done". the industry may claim it has less abuse potential, but that's for normal people. as recovering addicts, we have a much higher risk of becoming dependent on performance enhancers.

modafinil is new enough that you won't find too many studies or long term experiences to evaluate it's safety. but i'm sure this is the case for any new drug.. 

• 10 months later...