QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Anyone tried BPC 157?

anonymousdino

Anyways, I quit 3 months ago from heaaaavy addiction (20m, addicted throughout adolescence) of adderall IR (up to 100 mg per day by the end and im 140 lbs). I ordered this peptide and it worked miracles, brought me what i think 3 years of sobriety without would in a matter of 2 months. Im still taking it, and benefits arent as strong obviously but i bring myself further down the recovery line everytime. I'm pretty much back to my old self except the resulting anhedonia of the addiction still perisists (not as much as it did before, but its still present). I now remember who i was before the addiction and want to feel emotions again, such as chills when listening to music etc etc. Is there any short cut to this that have worked for u guys? Im trying magnesium and its helping a little. Someone recommended an maoi too

• Like 2

BPC 157 sounds interesting. I am a little apprehensive in using needles however... Would have to get over that, from what I am reading I don't see much about it improving brain or cognitive health did it do much in that area for you? Does sound like good healer however.

As for your question there seems to be no real "cheat" for the depression and anhedonia we all share. Many here say Welbutrin have helped them, I still use Tyrosine and 5HTP daily along with a number of vitamins. Exercise is also a huge help however very difficult to achieve when just getting of the couch is a problem.

Always interested in new possible helpful supplements. Looked this item up and from a distributor had this warning for purchasing.

Products are for research use only and not for human use or consumption. Usage of this site constitutes acceptance to the terms and conditions.” 

Don’t think I’ll be shooting up something when the seller tells you it’s not safe for human consumption. 

Dopamine system: BPC 157 significantly reduces the motor abnormalities & hyperactivity, which is induced by dopaminergic neurotoxin MPTP. It also decreases the behavioral disturbances that are basically chronic amphetamine-induced..

On 1/25/2018 at 3:23 PM, Frank B said:

Don’t think I’ll be shooting up something when the seller tells you it’s not safe for human consumption. 

lol ditto. but curious either way, looked into some of the studies (on rats). what it sounds like from the actual study is "behavioral disturbances" also means tolerance. so evidently, this "supplement" has the potential to reverse amphetamine tolerance.

however seems like it's main useage is:  BPC 157 will heal your body like Wolverine -Full Review-

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sleepystupid said:

Dopamine system: BPC 157 significantly reduces the motor abnormalities & hyperactivity, which is induced by dopaminergic neurotoxin MPTP. It also decreases the behavioral disturbances that are basically chronic amphetamine-induced..

lol ditto. but curious either way, looked into some of the studies (on rats). what it sounds like from the actual study is "behavioral disturbances" also means tolerance. so evidently, this "supplement" has the potential to reverse amphetamine tolerance.

however seems like it's main useage is:  BPC 157 will heal your body like Wolverine -Full Review-

Looks sort of like steroids to me. If you try it and it works for u let me know. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

You dont have to inject it for it to work.  Sublingual 90 seconds then swallow works also. It's a peptide made in your gut so your gut doesnt break it down. 

As for the depression and anhedonia my husband has had a lot of good effects of sarcosine and NAC. He takes 1 gram of sarcosine in his coffee it tastes like sugar and 600mg of nac . If you get agitated feeling lower the dose of sarcosine (he tried 2 grams at first had had that reaction)

if you feel over stimulated try l theanine it helps calm you. 

He went very neurotoxic with the adderall before quitting after his last episode of drug induced physcosis. 

Did a bunch of research Into nootropics and amino acids and what helps repair what he destroyed during his addiction. 

Uridine tau helps rebuild dopamine receptors, choline helps aid in this. Vitamin b complex, d3, magnesium malate is good for energy and also help the mag deficiency that the adderall caused. Dha fish oil helps with the absorption of the uridine tau . He also takes sulbutiamine in the morning. And 5htp at night. I know it seems to be a lot of supplements to take in daily after a while you will be able to cut down and completely stop after the repairs have taken place. With no effects on the way you feel 

He started the bpc-157 at night cause it can make you very sleepy in the first couple weeks while it's doing its job internally. 

I can say even after 2 weeks of taking things to help him rebuild what he destroyed he tells me he is feeling 80% better then he was. 

Diet and exercise is also the key to helping your body and brain recover. 

• Like 2

Thank you for opening up this topic, anonymousdino. I've become quite doubtful of these OTC supplements like l-tyrosine and 5-HTP and CoQ-10 and so on. I bought a few bottles like two weeks ago from The Vitamin Shoppe, thinking there was nothing to lose by giving them a shot. It should be noted first that it's only been 10 days since I took my last Adderall and only 7 days since I started taking the supplements, but the skeptic in me says that these capsules could contain baking flour or sawdust for all I know. Has anyone else here had similar thoughts? 

• Like 1

You have to have the right stack to help you in the areas that you need. I would really look into asking in the nootropics Facebook page. 

As for you being a stim user I would stay away from the racetams. 

Look at stuff to help you get and keep energy. Taking adderall diminishes magnesium, b vitamins, and the list goes on for necessary bodily supplements. The magnesium to take for energy and feel good is magnesium malate. 

It also messes with the dopamine, serotonin,  norepinephrine ect... if you been on it for a long time, or if you have been abusing adderall your pathways and receptors have paid the price. That's where the depression, anxiety, no will to be a productive member of society. 

That's when you start looking into rebuilding receptors and neural pathways along with giving your brain the nutrients it needs. 

NAC - N-acetyl L-Cysteine is a neroprotectant 

Citicoline -Citicoline seems to increase abrain chemical called phosphatidylcholine. This brainchemical is important for brainfunction. Citicoline might also decrease brain tissue damage when the brain is injured. (Long term adderall use or abuse is a brain injury)

Triacetyluridine (uridine tau) -Uridine, along with CDP Choline, promotes the growth of new dopaminereceptors in the brain by activating D1 and D2 receptor signaling, helping to prevent dopamine receptor burn out, especially in brains with fewerdopamine receptors. This mechanism helps optimize mental function and improve both mood and cognition.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15970626/

Dha fish oil is required for the uridine TAU to complete its job since its fat soluble.  Also it just helps bring everything together so great. 

Sulbutiamine - Sulbutiamine is an upgraded version of vitamin B1 that can pass the blood-brain barrier and reach your brain.Sulbutiamine is a nootropic (aka smart drug) that decreases both mental and physical fatigue. ... Sulbutiamine also improves mood, and may boost long-term memory.

D3 is a body essential. 

If you get anxiety L-theanine helps calm the jitters. 

Now this is a good stack to start with. Also look into other things to start repairing other parts of the brain that may have suffered during this run. 

My husband is on this stack. It's been 2 weeks at minimum dosing and he is starting to feel the effects of it. He is happier,  he isnt waking up hating the world, going to work and actually staying awake when he gets home. 

If you have Anhedonia like symptoms add the amino acid sarcosine its water soluble and it tastes like sugar. Google or look on reddit for sarcosine and NAC combo. People have been seeing lots of great things from those 2 combined. 

Here is a little pub med on sarcosine 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5331637/

Dont expect this to be instant fix, you didnt break down in a instant and fixing it can take a while but I will tell you that you will start feeling the effects within 2 weeks. 

As for bpc-157 we just started this week on it , maybe like 3 days ago. Going to wait at least 10 days before we start saying anything about how it acts in the brain. I've done 7 months of research on different things to help the brain and for my husband to feel better. Bpc-157 has been very high on my list and all I have seen is benefits in this peptide so it was added .  

Good luck in your journey and remember you are stronger then the drug. You can and will be back to normal. :)

And watch where you buy your supplements from. They may say they have what they have but it's in min amounts. 

Nootropicsdepot.com

Brainvitaminz.com

Pepwarehouse.com

Good sources. Tested supplements high quality. 

5 hours ago, WiredTiredUnhired said:

Thank you for opening up this topic, anonymousdino. I've become quite doubtful of these OTC supplements like l-tyrosine and 5-HTP and CoQ-10 and so on. I bought a few bottles like two weeks ago from The Vitamin Shoppe, thinking there was nothing to lose by giving them a shot. It should be noted first that it's only been 10 days since I took my last Adderall and only 7 days since I started taking the supplements, but the skeptic in me says that these capsules could contain baking flour or sawdust for all I know. Has anyone else here had similar thoughts? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mrslock said:

You have to have the right stack to help you in the areas that you need. I would really look into asking in the nootropics Facebook page. 

Look at stuff to help you get and keep energy. Taking adderall diminishes magnesium, b vitamins, and the list goes on for necessary bodily supplements. The magnesium to take for energy and feel good is magnesium malate. 

It also messes with the dopamine, serotonin,  norepinephrine ect... if you been on it for a long time, or if you have been abusing adderall your pathways and receptors have paid the price. That's where the depression, anxiety, no will to be a productive member of society. 

That's when you start looking into rebuilding receptors and neural pathways along with giving your brain the nutrients it needs. 

Citicoline -Citicoline seems to increase abrain chemical called phosphatidylcholine. This brainchemical is important for brainfunction. Citicoline might also decrease brain tissue damage when the brain is injured. (Long term adderall use or abuse is a brain injury)

Triacetyluridine (uridine tau) -Uridine, along with CDP Choline, promotes the growth of new dopaminereceptors in the brain by activating D1 and D2 receptor signaling, helping to prevent dopamine receptor burn out, especially in brains with fewerdopamine receptors. This mechanism helps optimize mental function and improve both mood and cognition.

Dha fish oil is required for the uridine TAU to complete its job since its fat soluble.  Also it just helps bring everything together so great. 

Sulbutiamine - Sulbutiamine is an upgraded version of vitamin B1 that can pass the blood-brain barrier and reach your brain.Sulbutiamine is a nootropic (aka smart drug) that decreases both mental and physical fatigue. ... Sulbutiamine also improves mood, and may boost long-term memory.

D3 is a body essential. 

Now this is a good stack to start with. Also look into other things to start repairing other parts of the brain that may have suffered during this run. 

My husband is on this stack. It's been 2 weeks at minimum dosing and he is starting to feel the effects of it. He is happier,  he isnt waking up hating the world, going to work and actually staying awake when he gets home. 

If you have Anhedonia like symptoms add the amino acid sarcosine its water soluble and it tastes like sugar. Google or look on reddit for sarcosine and NAC combo. People have been seeing lots of great things from those 2 combined. 

Dont expect this to be instant fix, you didnt break down in a instant and fixing it can take a while but I will tell you that you will start feeling the effects within 2 weeks. 

As for bpc-157 we just started this week on it , maybe like 3 days ago. Going to wait at least 10 days before we start saying anything about how it acts in the brain. I've done 7 months of research on different things to help the brain and for my husband to feel better. Bpc-157 has been very high on my list and all I have seen is benefits in this peptide so it was added .  

Good luck in your journey and remember you are stronger then the drug. You can and will be back to normal. :)

And watch where you buy your supplements from. They may say they have what they have but it's in min amounts. 

Nootropicsdepot.com

Brainvitaminz.com

Pepwarehouse.com

Thank you, Mrslock, for going to all the trouble of listing out this information. I'm definitely gonna explore your recommendations. Perhaps nootropics are a part of the solution after all, but don't you think this sounds like A LOT? Please don't mistake me. I'm a believer in the benefits of taking the right cocktail of non-narcotic supplements to heal a narcotic problem, and clearly I had no qualms about polluting my body before I decided to kick amphetamines, but idk... I just don't love the idea of pouring so many synthetic chemicals down my throat. I guess I need to think about it some more, do some additional research on your suggestions while I'm at it. In fact, I'm gonna check out what Facebook has to say on nootropics right now.

One more thing... What are "racetams"?

11 hours ago, Mrslock said:

D3 is a body essential. 

Nootropicsdepot.com

Brainvitaminz.com

Pepwarehouse.com

• Like 1

Glad to see someone else takes sarcosine. It is a naturally occuring amino acid, that acts as a glycine transporter inhibitor that increases the functioning of the NMDA receptors. It has a lot of research suggesting powerful effects on depression and particularly the "negative symptoms" (anhedonia, flat affect, low motivation) of schizophrenia. While amphetamine withdrawal is different than depression or schizophrenia, I have had near miraculous nootropic effects from sarcosine, and I think other people might benefit from it since it treats the same symptoms of amphetamine neurotoxicity. Anyone want to chime in with some research about how amphetamine could affect NMDA receptors?

EDIT:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11861810 Found this, so now I'm pretty sure sarcosine can be helpful for people here.