QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Anyone check their Testosterone Levels?

EricP

Just wondering if anyone check their Testosterone Levels after stopping Adderall? I had one test about 6mo before quitting and it was mid-range normal and my physical this week it came up near low. I do feel some of the symptoms related so will probably try replacement therapy if my next test in 2mo also comes back low.

I have read some medical links about dopamine and testosterone somewhat affecting each other. Just wondering is this is common among the adderall withdrawal symptoms or if I am just having my own isolated hormonal issue?

• Like 1

I had mine tested as part of a dutch adrenal test and mine came back very low too.  I'm not sure how accurate it was though.  My test was done by saliva and urine and I mailed it in.  I've since read that you need to take a blood test to get an accurate testosterone reading.

A lot of our symptoms are very similar to low testosterone; fatigue, lack of motivation, depression etc.

Testosterone replacement therapy would be a last resort for me... I've read once you go that route, you might as well know you'll need for a lifetime.  I think you stop producing testosterone naturally after you have TRT.

For now I'm trying to increase it naturally.  I know if your carrying around extra body fat it can lower your T levels so I'm working on getting as lean as I can.  I'm down from 255-ish to 209

Yeah mine was a blood test however doc wants me to wait two months and retake before considering anything. 

I notice some muscle and tone loss that many complain about after addy however I am sure for me and most this also has to do with out decreased physical drive. 

34 minutes ago, EricP said:

Yeah mine was a blood test however doc wants me to wait two months and retake before considering anything. 

I notice some muscle and tone loss that many complain about after addy however I am sure for me and most this also has to do with out decreased physical drive. 

My muscle tone is best it’s ever been can work out hard at the gym then come home be a lazy ass again gets frustrating. I’m not aiming for large muscle mass that’s just not my body type but have been getting very lean do a lot of full body exercise. Like if I had to train all day in the gym I could but out of the gym just want to lay on the couch. I don’t understand that you’d think it would transition over. It’s not like I overtrain either if I don’t go to the gym one day I still do the same at home which is very little. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Frank B said:

Like if I had to train all day in the gym I could but out of the gym just want to lay on the couch. I don’t understand that you’d think it would transition over. It’s not like I overtrain either if I don’t go to the gym one day I still do the same at home which is very little. 

I think we all share this frustration, I had a touch of it before Adderall however never less modivated than this.

I think part of it besides modivation is the lack of “reward” even if I do get up off the couch and force myself to do something good for the household it all feels “blah” to me. Getting back to the couch just seems like the place I want to be. 

I pray some comes back after the 1-2yr mark otherwise I’ll end up on welfare. Lol