QuittingAdderall.com Forums

How many years were you on Adderall?

KimR

about 10 years.  The last 2 or 3 was when I started really to abuse and binge.

I have friends who are in the honeymoon phase of adderall so there is no talking sense into them, they are convinced its a lifesaver and I get it because it does work well for a couple years or even longer but eventually that tolerance becomes insatiable 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Tom23Jones said:

I have friends who are in the honeymoon phase of adderall so there is no talking sense into them, they are convinced its a lifesaver and I get it because it does work well for a couple years or even longer but eventually that tolerance becomes insatiable 

yea that must be really frustrating- especially because if they know about your addiction, they're probably thinking "that'll never happen to me, he's just weak". 

unfortunately my girlfriend takes adderall too, but i don't think she's taking it on a daily basis, just on as needed basis. it still bothers me, but eventually i'm going to voice that opinion a lot stronger.

A little over 4 with some time off after the first 2. Stopped the first time just to try med free & had few side effects that time however after feeling in the dumps a long while started again and stopped this time due to bad side effects and lots of reading about how bad it is.  

I took Adderall for 10 years. Then I got pregnant and quit for three years. That quit was relatively easy for some reason I think pregnancy made it easier to quit. After I was done nursing my son I started Adderall again and took it for another 2-3 years and then was forced to quit because of bad side effects/health reasons.  This quit has been extremely difficult to say the least.

I never took more than 40 mg per day for all those years but that’s a long time to be a slave to Adderall. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...