QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Coping with triggers/stress?

Speeder906

When I'm off Adderall (going to be quitting tomorrow again), I remember getting really triggered when someone says the word Adderall and that makes me just see what they are feeling: only the good things about the drug. I have none of those when using but when i am sober I struggle with remembering that. When I see someone super talkative or energized especially at school, I start trying to figure out if they're on Adderall or not. It's like this weird obsession that when I'm not on Adderall I live vicariously through others and I hate that because it usually makes me rationalize my abuse and I talk myself into thinking I'd be more responsible if I was to go back on it. 

So im just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Maybe how to manage this? Or just tips on stress management that might be of use to a college student that up until recently has relied on Adderall to do all my studying. 

Thanks 

I’ve noticed a few people that I was pretty sure were taking it. They acted weird jumpy all over the place. Sure I was the same and makes me glad I’m not anymore. I’m too old to hear people talk about how great it is but in college sure that will be a challenge for you. But just pay close attention to how they act and it probably wont seem as great. 

• Like 1

I do the same thing, I sometimes obsess over thinking someone must be on adderall but its not really a trigger to me.  You can tell how fake the energy and conversations are.  I recently went to Durham NC for a Joe Rogan show and Durham is a big college town Duke University is right there.  The coffee shops we hit up felt riddled with Adderall Junkies.  All these kids talking 100mph over top of each other with these fake smiles, it was strange.

• Like 3

Hey Speeder I hope you are still quitting today. I work with a bunch of software developers and I suspect three of them must be on Adderall. They are skinny, have really dry mouths, and are way too excited about sitting in a cave staring at a screen all day long.  One guy is particularly awkward. I try to see if their eyes are dilated but they have dark eyes so it’s difficult to see if they are or not. When I am in meetings wiTh them, I think about....when it’s their time to stop what will they go through. Will they take a leave of absence?  Will they lose their passion for software?  Will they hate life as much as I did when I quit and will they put on weight. I imagine the hell they are in for when their time on Adderall is up. Because no one can take this stuff forever. Then I think about how glad I am that I don’t have to quit this stuff again. 

• Like 2

^ this. well said @Subtracterall 

i think we'd all agree that adderall is more pervasive in our society than people think. you're definitely going to encounter it out in the wild, and i think a great way of coping with it is reminding yourself that you know A LOT MORE about it than they do. it's like you know a secret that they don't- enjoy it while you can, you have no idea what you're in for. (:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom23Jones said:

I do the same thing, I sometimes obsess over thinking someone must be on adderall but its not really a trigger to me.  You can tell how fake the energy and conversations are.  I recently went to Durham NC for a Joe Rogan show and Durham is a big college town Duke University is right there.  The coffee shops we hit up felt riddled with Adderall Junkies.  All these kids talking 100mph over top of each other with these fake smiles, it was strange.

Man lucky wish Joe would come to KC. Listen to his podcast all the time some good stuff. Interesting he brings up how the president is more than likely still on a diet speed pill makes perfect sense the way he acts. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Frank B said:

Man lucky wish Joe would come to KC. Listen to his podcast all the time some good stuff. Interesting he brings up how the president is more than likely still on a diet speed pill makes perfect sense the way he acts. 

Yeah it was pretty a pretty epic show... I live in VA and I missed him when he was in D.C. so I made the 4 hour trek to Durham to see him.  Yeah it makes total sense that Trump could still be abusing phen-phen or phentermine.  It would explain a lot of his manic behavior and his grandiose way of thinking.  Phentermine brings back bad memories for me, I was such a speed freak that I got prescribed those from a diet doctor for after I'd burn through my monthly Adderall script.  Was a much harsher feeling than adderall but I'd still abuse the shit out of them until I got more adderall.  Thinking back I'm lucky my heart never exploded, sometimes I'd have both on hand and take them together.