QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Wrote a 6 page report on Adderall for school

Speeder906

Hey everyone, 

I just spent the better of the the day writing a six page paper about adderall type meds and how much they actually affect cognition and performance. Seemed worthwhile cause that was my exact reason for starting Adderall. 

Tbh I was worried that starting my paper would make me romantize Adderall again and get myself back on it but nope. I won't go into too much detail here but y'all can imagine my findings essentially said Adderall doesn't do jack for cognition or grades in the long run. If anything it helps with deficits not cognitive performance so it's wild that we call it a "smart" drug. 

Hope this wasn't too preachy. 

Take care forum!

• Like 2

interesting topic! in the context of everyday life, it's really hard to measure things like cognition and performance. i'm very skeptical about "smart drugs" and nootropics- i've tried some before (racetams and such), and they don't feel much like anything. what does it feel like to feel smarter?  seems more placebo than anything to me. adderall on the other hand has a very real and distinct feeling- it too has no direct effect on cognition, but certainly has an indirect effect on performance. you didn't get an A on that exam because it made you smarter, it just made studying super interesting and enjoyable.

13 hours ago, Speeder906 said:

Tbh I was worried that starting my paper would make me romantize Adderall again and get myself back on it but nope.

generally you'd think that the best way to rid yourself of something is to abolish it from your life, like an ex-girlfriend (cause "friends" never works lol), but with a drug addiction it's different. paradoxically, staying close to these forums and keeping adderall an active (but different) part of my life actually keeps me off it. being here and helping others through recovery is a constant reminder of the pain and suffering it has put me through. (:

• Like 2