Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sadderall

Finally making sense after seeking correct help

1 post in this topic

Hi all, 

It's been a while since Ive posted but I do check the site every now and then.

I've been off adderall for about 7 months now. It has been a learning experience and I would like to share it..

I recently switched therapists and psychiatrists which has been better help. I was recently going to a clinic which was not the best help as far as figuring out the help I truly needed. I told them how I was diagnosed for ADHD but never actually tested for it. My main symptoms have always been anxiety and depression as result of being a child growing up with domestic violence. They say that it sounds like not sitting still in class and never having proper focus is result of all the problems I was seeing at home. It makes sense. This whole time I diagnosed myself with ADHD expecting a script for adderall to just figure out my life and make me a "normal" student. Kinda sad.

I see a lot of people dealing with lack of motivation and tiredness after quitting. I too, suffer from that but I have done some shaping in my life to where I have to push myself to be motivated. My work schedule is me working at 6am which motivates me to get a full nights rest if not I will not be able to work to my fullest potential. Also, pushing myself to see how long I can go without caffeine in the day is another thing Ive been doing just to see what it does to my body. Anyway, just thought I would share this. I hope everyone is doing okay. 

5 people like this