QuittingAdderall.com Forums

New Adderall documentary

GetUpAlready

Have you guys seen this trailer? It's for a new documentary coming to Netflix next week (debuts at SXSW tomorrow). I am seriously PRAYING this thing doesn't glorify the drug and that they address the massive shit storm that getting off Adderall can be.

Cause seriously I'm sick of trying to warn people who see it as completely harmless. 

lol this is going to have the same effect as D.A.R.E had on middle schoolers- introduce you to a whole new world of drugs, and you simply ignore all the negative stuff.

i totally agree with OP, this is going to glorify the use of adderall. i wouldn't even be surprised if there's some money from big pharma in this production. the message in this trailer is that "everyone is taking it, this is the drug of the future.. it MAY have some side-effects." our society has a very bad track record of educating and communicating the risks of drug abuse. just take marijuana for example- it's a Schedule I drug... why exactly? according to our government, marijuana is WORSE than adderall (which is Schedule II). how many people do you know who have never tried pot? 

if the media glorifies it, if doctors hand it out like candy, and our government is too involved with its own agenda to care..

• Like 3

Garbage. Fucking garbage. It's so telling to me that a group of intelligent adults sat around in a room and decided this was the kind of content Americans wanted to see and were willing to pay for. Living a natural life in the body that I was given by the universe and embracing its design sounds more appealing to me than pumping it full of man-made chemicals for the sake of accumulating more shit I don't need. I understand the desire for success. I'm an adderall addict, of course I have the desire for greatness. But hopefully people will realize that ultimately this drug makes things worse, not better. I don't want any success I wasn't capable of achieving with the tools I was given by my higher power. 

I try not to get preachy/too idealistic on these forums, but God damn. That trash riled me up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheeri0 said:

Garbage. Fucking garbage. It's so telling to me that a group of intelligent adults sat around in a room and decided this was the kind of content Americans wanted to see and were willing to pay for. Living a natural life in the body that I was given by the universe and embracing its design sounds more appealing to me than pumping it full of man-made chemicals for the sake of accumulating more shit I don't need. I understand the desire for success. I'm an adderall addict, of course I have the desire for greatness. But hopefully people will realize that ultimately this drug makes things worse, not better. I don't want any success I wasn't capable of achieving with the tools I was given by my higher power. 

I try not to get preachy/too idealistic on these forums, but God damn. That trash riled me up.

Did you watch it? Be honest sort of scared to the promo alone brought up thoughts my addicted brain told me for years on why I should keep taking it.

Nah Frank, I haven't watched it. The trailer itself was enough to make me think about using... It stirs up these ugly feelings of inadequacy in me. Those are the same feelings that fueled my addiction. It comes out on Friday which is actually the same day I celebrate 18 months!

• Like 2

Yeah I’ll wait to see the response on here. I highly doubt they will really show the true dark side. Seeing that football player pissed me off a 100% ban like steroids should be in place for all high school, college and professional sports. It’s funny see so many die hard sports fans say if a favorite athlete gets busted taking steroids they are a no good piece of shit cheater. I’m like dude you know a large percentage take amphetamines for focus and unlimited energy with a doctors note? How many athletes will see this documentary and sprint to a doctor to get this medication because by far athletes could care less about long term consequences. 

10 hours ago, Cheeri0 said:

Garbage. Fucking garbage. It's so telling to me that a group of intelligent adults sat around in a room and decided this was the kind of content Americans wanted to see and were willing to pay for.

isn't this what most of television is? lol. unfortunately, you can't blame the media DIRECTLY, in the same way you can't blame doctors DIRECTLY for their practices- it's simply capitalism. all these things are a business, and the way they make the most money is to pander and prescribe.. because that's what people want. that's not to say it's ethical by any means, but to be fair there are also cases where its pure greed. like the stuff in this article probably crosses a pretty black and white line:https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/11/health/prescription-opioid-payments-eprise/index.html

right now everyone is concerned about the opioid epidemic. i can almost imagine a time ten years out where we cite this Netflix documentary as the catalyst of a new epidemic.

9 hours ago, Cheeri0 said:

Nah Frank, I haven't watched it. The trailer itself was enough to make me think about using... It stirs up these ugly feelings of inadequacy in me. Those are the same feelings that fueled my addiction. It comes out on Friday which is actually the same day I celebrate 18 months!

I was wondering if I was the only one who was triggered by the trailer... I probably shouldn't even watch it in its entirety but I know I will because in some ways I still obsess over adderall.  I know I get preachy and worked up anytime it comes up in a conversation, whether it be talking about kids taking it or the many adults I know that take it....

Eight-Teen months!!!! Congrats!

11 hours ago, sleepystupid said:

isn't this what most of television is? lol. unfortunately, you can't blame the media DIRECTLY, in the same way you can't blame doctors DIRECTLY for their practices- it's simply capitalism. all these things are a business, and the way they make the most money is to pander and prescribe.. because that's what people want. that's not to say it's ethical by any means, but to be fair there are also cases where its pure greed. like the stuff in this article probably crosses a pretty black and white line:https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/11/health/prescription-opioid-payments-eprise/index.html

right now everyone is concerned about the opioid epidemic. i can almost imagine a time ten years out where we cite this Netflix documentary as the catalyst of a new epidemic.

t

Yeah, the fact that this is what people want is what upsets me. It's telling about American culture. That's what I meant. I couldn't care less about the media. The fact that this is what capitalism has created shows what America is really about right now. Which is upsetting to me.

On 3/13/2018 at 9:01 PM, Cheeri0 said:

Yeah, the fact that this is what people want is what upsets me. It's telling about American culture. That's what I meant. I couldn't care less about the media. The fact that this is what capitalism has created shows what America is really about right now. Which is upsetting to me.

It’s mind control keep drugs like pot illegal a drug that expands the mind and free thinking. But have speed a drug that keeps us all busy working bees and care less about the bigger picture legal. FYI I don’t smoke pot puts me to sleep but no logical reason it’s illegal anywhere. It’s so  fucking ridiculous give a 6yr old speed having trouble in school “focusing”  but can not give a 6yr old pot battling cancer in chemo to help him feel better and have a appetite, no give that child opioids and if he recovers amphetamines to catch up in school. Society is fucking so messed up. 

• Like 2