QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Progress at last

Frank B

Oh good!! This is so good to hear. There are definitely ups and downs in this recovery process. I think we will always have those ups and downs in life. I have a lot of good things happening in my life right now and I am really starting to feel like "myself" again. You would hope we would be starting to feel better at 28 months sober. Geez. Lol.

• Like 3

I keep telling myself I should keep a journal to write how I am feeling on any given day (not necessarily daily) just to map progress a bit. It just seems like adding anything seems like "one more thing to do" during a time where it is hard enough to just show up sometimes. On bad days I often feel like nothing has changed and life is miserable, then I force myself to think of what I have accomplished and days/moments that were obvious makers of improvement. Healing is not linear and certainly takes time

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hate it or love it, the underdog's on top
And I'm gon' shine homey until my heart stop. Ha gotta get gansta now and again. Im definitely feeling back people in my life who want to count me out judging from the last year or two watch me now I overcame something bigger then you can imagine! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Frank B said:

Hate it or love it, the underdog's on top
And I'm gon' shine homey until my heart stop. Ha gotta get gansta now and again. Im definitely feeling back and motherfuckers in my life who want to count me out judging from the last year or two watch me now I overcame something bigger then you can imagine! 

Yay Frank! Lol 

I was a little tipsy writing that last night but was celebrating one really hard days work that paid me pretty damn good. Anyways this site has done so much for me but honestly feel at this point and time probably visit a lot less. It use to be every morning I’d wake up and say great another day struggling without adderall. When you have that feeling this site is such a great place to be. It’s finally not feeling that way and really trying to put it all in the past. Like to say further down the road I can help people more on here but for now taking a break and move forward. I’ll still check in time to time so feel free message me.

When it comes down to what is the secret to quitting in my mind are two very important things. 

1. You must get rid of all medication and sources to easily get a new prescription. If I had a emergency stash or still saw my prescribing doctor I would have failed by now no doubt. 

2. Time it takes so long for your brain to overcome the shock of quitting. Yes diet exercise sure helps but it does not cure, time alone is the answer in my opinion. The length for most hard users about two years plus to really start to feel a big change. Yes you can function before this point but it’s a struggle for sure. 

• Like 2