QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Negative

Rockbottom

Do you guys think abusing Adderall over a long period of time made you into a negative person overall? I’ve been getting this a lot from people I’m close with and I’m not sure if it’s really who I was as a person before the whole Adderall journey or just me dealing with the withdrawal of Adderall and the depression that came afterwards. Anyone feel the same?

• Like 1

you mention that the people close to you comment on your negativity, but do you personally feel more negative? i think personally, i am definitely more negative, but it's hard to attribute it directly to adderall because the comparison to "before adderall" is a comparison to a much younger me. everyone grows up and gets jaded.

in regards to external presentation, this might just be a comparison they are making between the adderall you and the current you. it's no secret that adderall makes you a more lively, often positive, person.. but what they don't see is the misery we suffer as a result of that.  i'm not sure there's a way to not be negative, at least in early recovery.