QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Triggers

OnSomething

I’m trying to figure out what I even like about this drug. I really can’t. It was killing me towards the end so I know I really can’t afford to ever take one again, but I’m not as scared of this drug as I should be. I was wondering what prevents you guys from going back to this drug that you probably hate too? I’m trying to figure out some possible triggers so I can dodge that shit.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sleepystupid said:

what prevents me from going back to adderall is knowing that i will never be able to control my usage. i know that for a fact, and it was reinforced a few months ago when i relapsed for a brief period. my usage pattern is simply keep taking pills until my body collapses 5 days later. that is a death sentence waiting to happen.

So well said. That's the key. 

Staying quit is SO much easier once you understand this to your core. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, marybelle said:

for me its my hot ass body & all the money I save on food :/

both times I tried to quit and I get my appetite back I always remember thinking to myself.. how to humans have the time or money to eat this fucking much in a day??

Don't mean to be an asshole but is your body that hot or is it your inflated ego due to adderall.. a healthy body is hot and I've never seen a healthy body as a result of stimulates I've seen skinny fat or fat fat or sickly skinny with no muscle tone. I think society's pressure on woman to be skinny and achieving that is what makes you feel hot but I believe a healthy weight and muscle tone from exercise is what most men will agree is actually hot

• Like 3

Triggers for me are that desire to have unlimited energy and the feeling of invincibility and the uber confidence I had in Adderall. But now that I’m almost 2 years clean, I can honestly tell you that that confidence was bullshit and now that I’m having to work my ass off just to lose a pound it is much more rewarding. Other triggers are easy weight loss, ability to drink like a fish and cure the hangover with another addy in the morning, and sex for hours. How do I fight the triggers? I run my ass off, I remind myself of the two trips to the mental hospital, and I simply say “fuck Adderall” when I am tempted.

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
On 4/11/2018 at 2:26 AM, marybelle said:
On 4/11/2018 at 0:52 PM, SeanW said:

Don't mean to be an asshole but is your body that hot or is it your inflated ego due to adderall.. a healthy body is hot and I've never seen a healthy body as a result of stimulates I've seen skinny fat or fat fat or sickly skinny with no muscle tone. I think society's pressure on woman to be skinny and achieving that is what makes you feel hot but I believe a healthy weight and muscle tone from exercise is what most men will agree is actually hot

yes my body is actually that hot thanks to Adderall and my workout routine. I still eat on Adderall but defiantly a lot less. I'm not Adderall skinny. I eat healthy and go to the gym but Adderall helps with the food portions a ton because I struggled with overeating before. I'm really not trying to sound cocky or whatever its just the truth... its something that I personally have struggled always going to back to adderal because the decrease of appetite 

On 4/11/2018 at 4:26 AM, marybelle said:

for me its my hot ass body & all the money I save on food :/

both times I tried to quit and I get my appetite back I always remember thinking to myself.. how to humans have the time or money to eat this fucking much in a day??

Most people over eat no doubt. But with discipline you can do things like intermittent fasting. Feels much better accomplish fitness goals off addy. It sounds like you don’t have much interest in stopping which is fine your body just wondering why your on this site if everything is golden on adderall? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Frank B said:

Most people over eat no doubt. But with discipline you can do things like intermittent fasting. Feels much better accomplish fitness goals off addy. It sounds like you don’t have much interest in stopping which is fine your body just wondering why your on this site if everything is golden on adderall? 

he asked about triggers and I said my trigger is my appetite being a model, my body is something that makes me money it is my job. of course it FEELS better to accomplish fitness goals off addy but again I was mentioning MY TRIGGER which is decrease in hunger. if only quitting were that easy "omg it just FEELS BETTER off Adderall" yeah no shit. thats why I'm here. it isn't that easy, I am on this site because Adderall is ruining my life. where in the hell did I say my life is golden?? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, marybelle said:

he asked about triggers and I said my trigger is my appetite being a model, my body is something that makes me money it is my job. of course it FEELS better to accomplish fitness goals off addy but again I was mentioning MY TRIGGER which is decrease in hunger. if only quitting were that easy "omg it just FEELS BETTER off Adderall" yeah no shit. thats why I'm here. it isn't that easy, I am on this site because Adderall is ruining my life. where in the hell did I say my life is golden?? 

In my opinion being healthy looking good post addy is the most obtainable goal to achieve. But I’ve never had a real bad eating disorder not male model so hard for me to judge if that’s your main reason to use. I know back in the 50’s they pushed this shit on housewives to stay thin believe woman just have more troubles with food vs men. If you already like to work out you’ll probably enjoy it more off addy because you’ll crave that adrenaline rush u no longer get with pills. Maybe look into a keto diet to curb your appetite when you quit addy it’s probably not a life long solution but the diet does work u won’t crave food all the time and along with intermittent fasting you won’t be spending tons of money on food good luck hope u decide to quit for good it’s not easy I know. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, marybelle said:

I could definitely see how Adderall could be a major tool in modeling. I pole dance so the appetite loss was just another reason for me to love Adderall, I had absolute control over everything I ate. Sorry I don't have much advice on how to handle that trigger, it might just take time and some planning. Keep me updated on everything!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...