QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Feeling good and very lucky.

Danquit

On 5/18/2018 at 11:08 AM, LiberatedMind said:

How long have you been free?

I quit 25 months ago but it wasn’t till about 3 months ago that I started to feel free. But even though I feel pretty good, I don’t want to let my guard down and end up back on it somehow.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So happy for you! I look forward to that moment. 

First thing that happens (at least for me) is the never ending need to sleep diminishes, which is nice. Then my emotions get turned back on to their normal state. I can cry, laugh, and feel human. And then the brain fog clears and it's so incredible. 

I can't wait. 

• Like 1

Sometimes now I feel like I’m back on it, then recall before I took addy I was actually a very motivated person naturally it just 2 yrs couple months for it to return after stopping adderall. Any doctor or person wants to say withdrawal symptoms for that long is all just in our heads like to slap the piss out of them. Yes I was pretty much a lazy ass for 2 years doing the bare minimum but never wanted to be and none of us do why it’s so hard for us to quit but we fucking made it hope others can do the same. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Frank B said:

Yes I was pretty much a lazy ass for 2 years doing the bare minimum but never wanted to be and none of us do why it’s so hard for us to quit

THIS. Seriously. There are little to no trials on long-term effects on speed withdrawals in general (not just Adderall) but I feel like it shouldn't be so hard for doctors to piece together recovered =/= overcoming the earliest withdrawal stages. I consider anyone who wants to quit any addiction to be much stronger than the average person. Every day we go without speed is a huge success, even if we haven't done much else. It's a bummer so many people have such judgemental and old fashion views of addicts. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Frank B said:

Sometimes now I feel like I’m back on it, then recall before I took addy I was actually a very motivated person naturally it just 2 yrs couple months for it to return after stopping adderall. Any doctor or person wants to say withdrawal symptoms for that long is all just in our heads like to slap the piss out of them. Yes I was pretty much a lazy ass for 2 years doing the bare minimum but never wanted to be and none of us do why it’s so hard for us to quit but we fucking made it hope others can do the same. 

Yeah Frank, I’ve been a lazy ass for two years and only recently started to feel some natural ambition coming back. I don’t know if I feel like I’m on it but I do feel I’m back to before Adderall days. I still have to self motivate but it’s getting easier. I am naturally kinda lazy if I’m not doing something I love to do. Unfortunately, I have to rediscover what I love because Adderall skewed my passions for years. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Danquit said:

Yeah Frank, I’ve been a lazy ass for two years and only recently started to feel some natural ambition coming back. I don’t know if I feel like I’m on it but I do feel I’m back to before Adderall days. I still have to self motivate but it’s getting easier. I am naturally kinda lazy if I’m not doing something I love to do. Unfortunately, I have to rediscover what I love because Adderall skewed my passions for years. 

Guess I’m lucky enjoy my trade been working some long hours lately and still try to hit the gym although my work can be very physical so some days skip. The best part even if it’s hot I’m in the sun it gives me a lot of natural energy I could never be in a office everyday I’d be miserable although I do office work after 8-12 hours in the field. I know why I went on addy not because i was lazy just wanted to do more but now realize even if my phone is ringing non stop, jobs scheduled out couple days or weeks because I can only work so many hours, office work behind it really doesn’t matter. I’m one person people and things can wait. I’m important, my kids are important and sleep is very important something I thought in the past was a waste of time too much to do. Hope you find your passion because your ready to take whatever on your good at. 

• Like 1

I felt physically lazy for maybe the first  month or so every time I've quit, but to be honest after about three months I feel I have more energy than I did taking it. 

Maybe because when I'm taking Adderall I'm always extremely dehydrated, have aches and pains all over, and I live on junk food and cigarettes. 

But the mental laziness was always the worst for me. 

• Like 1