SamJo

Went to neurologist

13 posts in this topic

Sooo just went to a neurologist to tell them what’s been going on and he’s like you just have adult ADD and anxiety. I’m like these doctors are pointless lol waste of my morning. But he did say I don’t have dementia (haha) and I’m fine so whatevs I guess! Literally just never depending on a doctor again. We’re on our own with this shit! 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was also like vyvanse isn’t neurotoxic but I thought it was? Idkkkk. Anyways I’ve actually been feeling GREAT especially after using Cerebrolysin for a week and I’m only on month 5 (with a few slip ups) so woohoo! But the neurologist was like if you’ve been off for 5 months and still have these symptoms you should probley go back on. Like ok no fucking thanks 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i believe the neurotoxicity of amphetamine is based on the dosage and frequency (i.e. if you're binging and abusing it hard, it is probably frying your brain). most doctors are assuming normal therapeutic dosage, so in that sense his answer is correct.

glad to hear you're feeling GREAT! do you think it's a direct result of the Cerebrolysin though? you should try an experiment- stop it for a week and see how you feel. you need to be careful with anything that gives you too much of an effect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sleepystupid said:

i believe the neurotoxicity of amphetamine is based on the dosage and frequency (i.e. if you're binging and abusing it hard, it is probably frying your brain). most doctors are assuming normal therapeutic dosage, so in that sense his answer is correct.

glad to hear you're feeling GREAT! do you think it's a direct result of the Cerebrolysin though? you should try an experiment- stop it for a week and see how you feel. you need to be careful with anything that gives you too much of an effect.

 

@sleepystupid I did tell him that I would take way over my prescribed amount (which was 2 30mgs a day) but the most I took was 5 or 6 30mgs and I only did that once every 6 months while staying up all night partying. He just said that could lead to a stroke but that I didn’t have one and that some people are even prescribed very high doses of ADD medication. I’m not sure how much one would have to take to completely fry their brain beyond repair? All I know is that I thought I did! 

And yes the Cerebrolysin was a gradual effect, by day 5 I was feeling almost back to my normal self and normal concentration and ambition. I only ordered a week of it so should be interesting how I feel this coming week but I’m determined to stay on this feeling good path! I did order more Cerebrolysin but it takes a few weeks to ship. I would recommend it to anyone who still has brain fog and all our other crappy symptoms cause it really helped! 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sleepystupid said:

interesting- how much does a week's supply cost? and route of administration is injec

On 5/21/2018 at 1:05 PM, SamJo said:

He was also like vyvanse isn’t neurotoxic but I thought it was? Idkkkk. Anyways I’ve actually been feeling GREAT especially after using Cerebrolysin for a week and I’m only on month 5 (with a few slip ups) so woohoo! But the neurologist was like if you’ve been off for 5 months and still have these symptoms you should probley go back on. Like ok no fucking thanks 

Cerebrolysin can’t you order that but says not for human consumption? Seems kind of risky although I’m feeling much better because of the time off this crap would never shy away from something that could help us ex addicts feel even better if it’s safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Frank B  yea, i agree. i'm always open to learning about new avenues for recovery, as long as they aren't risky. but also, i have a hard time wrapping my mind around "feeling better". i can understand in early recovery where you feel absolutely miserable and you're looking for something to make it through the worst.. but for those of us a few years out, i worry that experimenting with something that gives you a very apparent effect is similar to pleasure seeking behavior.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Frank B @sleepystupid no it’s not risky. It’s approved in Europe and other countries just not in the US. It’s a peptide that is very well studied. It’s $40 for a week supply. I studied science in college so I’m more familiar with the chemical breakdown of it all. I’ll let you know how I feel after I get my next batch! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SamJo do you inject it?  If so how did you learn how to do that?  

I would probably try this if it were not for the injection thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same thing happened to me when I went to a neurologist- he sent me home with more pills insisting I needed them. It further strengthened those thoughts in my head telling me it's okay to take one more pill and one more pill and another and another... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Subtracterall said:

SamJo do you inject it?  If so how did you learn how to do that?  

I would probably try this if it were not for the injection thing. 

Yes I do inject it intramuscularly. I have a lot of friends that went on to be physicians after college that I studied with so I’m familiar with the anatomy but there’s also a video online of this guy injecting it although when I watched it it made me more scared to try it. I can tell you step by step how to use it if you end up ordering it! It’s very simple and safe if you are okay with needles. It’s really not that scary I promise! 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now