QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Tick Tock- Recovery begins

GirlScottie

Welcome to the community.  Yes, firing your doctor or otherwise cutting off your supply is crucial to your success, along with realizing that total abstinence is essential to beating this unsustainable addiction.  Did you actually tell your doctor you are done? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GirlScottie said:

But looking around my spotless apartment, this isn't a life. 

just wanted to share that i had a very similar thought at the peak of my addiction. i remember quite vividly looking around my apartment, this space that i had converted into a super high tech smart-home- maniacal solutions for things that weren't really problems. up until that point, i had considered adderall a tool to create a better life for myself. but at that moment, i realized that adderall was simply creating a life for itself. the real me was so far gone, i had no idea what he even wanted anymore. what was the point of all this if i couldn't go back to the real me and enjoy this new life? or maintain it for that matter?

glad to hear that you're finally committed to recovery! good luck and stay close to the forums- we're here to help (:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, quit-once said:

Welcome to the community.  Yes, firing your doctor or otherwise cutting off your supply is crucial to your success, along with realizing that total abstinence is essential to beating this unsustainable addiction.  Did you actually tell your doctor you are done? 

I'm probably missing something here, but by firing your doctor do you mean just finding a new doctor? Because every rx you've ever taken will be in your medical records that get xfered over to your new dr of choice. So unless you tell them to stop filling it and/or you have a problem with abusing it, it will continue to show ADD/ADHD as a continuing condition in which you need an rx for. Or is there a way to work around that?

9 hours ago, GirlScottie said:

Do people just call and ask them to stop the script? or go in and tell the Dr in person?

I don't think the specifics matter near as much as whether you just actually do it or not.  I called my doctor and ended up speaking to a nurse that left him the message. "I am hooked on my prescription adderall.  I have a serious addiction which landed me in the emergency room 2 times.  Please put in my file to never prescribe me these pills again."   Ever since I did that, I've known there is no going back.  Even though I moved from Texas to Ohio, I still believe that message has to be on file somewhere and if I ever tried to get a prescription again, they'd say, "Um, seriously?"  Once your source is cut off, it makes it a 1,000,000 times easier to stay quit.

Let us know how it goes!  You got this!

LT

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 5:48 AM, LILTEX41 said:

I don't think the specifics matter near as much as whether you just actually do it or not.  I called my doctor and ended up speaking to a nurse that left him the message. "I am hooked on my prescription adderall.  I have a serious addiction which landed me in the emergency room 2 times.  Please put in my file to never prescribe me these pills again."   Ever since I did that, I've known there is no going back.  Even though I moved from Texas to Ohio, I still believe that message has to be on file somewhere and if I ever tried to get a prescription again, they'd say, "Um, seriously?"  Once your source is cut off, it makes it a 1,000,000 times easier to stay quit.

Let us know how it goes!  You got this!

LT

I talked to my doctor's nurse before about it, too. I think more than once, actually. 

The last time I told her that Adderall was ruining my life, making me feel crazy and ridiculously anxious, and to never let me be able to get it again. (This was one week after I called saying I desperately needed an increase of my Adderall. She called back and said the doctor refused.) I told her I never wanted to take it again. She said okay. 

Two weeks later I caved, called and left a voice mail for a refill, all casual as if the conversation never happened. 

The next day I got the message "Script ready for pick-up." 

She's such a nice lady, but forgetful and disorganized. Their office is also majorly understaffed, so they lose track of all kinds of things.

All of my past manic phone calls and requests for more pills or early refills should be a red flag to someone over there, or at the pharmacy, but no one seems to care or notice. 

We have a big opioid pill problem in this area, so I think it makes them not care about ADHD drugs.