QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Dreams are making recovery difficult today

GirlScottie

Hi everyone.

My recovery from a addy/vyvanse addiction has been going way better than I ever expected. Made it to Day 9 with nothing but smiles and a positive attitude. I started a cycle of BPC 157, I take supplements daily (l-theanine, vit D, magnesium, melatonin, 5htp). I've had the energy for my work outs and I've even become more social. Recovery seemed to be on my side.

Until today. I woke up in sweat and tears because of a dream I had. A dream where drugs were all around me. Pills everywhere. Memories of me being "productive and happy" has left me in a state of panic today. I WANT THEM.

Has anyone else experienced dreams that made them want to relapse?

• Like 1

Oh man my dreams were extremely vivid and realistic the first year of if Adderall. I only had one or two where there was Adderall involved. I remember one dream where I found a half of an orange pill in my jacket and I took it in my dream and I remember being high just like in real life. When I woke up I had a huge sense of relief because it was only a dream. You’ll have some crazy dreams as your brain readjusts to life off of stimulants. This is normal, try to enjoy the good dreams.

ah yes- drug dreams.

everyone experiences these, especially in early recovery. in fact, i still experience them occasionally. these are especially bad when they're vivid enough to actually remember feeling high in the dream.

i wish i could provide some advice on this, but there really isn't any way to control your dreams. in your first year, you will be constantly thinking about adderall simply because you're trying to avoid it. it's gonna show up in your dreams unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Hope you are staying off let us know remember your addiction side of your brain is very strong right now. It will do anything to make you give in be it dreams, depression etc just know on a long enough timeline that addiction grows very weak. It will always be around but it gets much easier believe me. Right now your in a battle for your mind and soul your addiction side is very strong but know everyday you don’t give in it gets a tiny bit weaker. 

• Like 1