Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frank B

Sure is quiet these days.

8 posts in this topic

I come on here from time to time just to check in. Seems lately everything has sort of flatlined. Know a lot of people visit this site but very few comment. If you want real help in this get involved on this site speak up share your story and daily battles. I was hoping to see a new wave of people posting who are quitting regularly like when I was in the trenches but seems just mostly old school vets on here anymore.

Anyways things been good for me life always has ups and downs still looking back on how I managed to actually quit this plus pain pills and Xanax all at the same time seems unreal it was so damn hard.  I know in one second I could screw it all up why I stay close to this site to never forget. 

11 people like this

I notice the same thing Frank. I still struggle after a little over 1yr+ however not enough to post and complain about regularly. I look for posts to help people when I can however there are fewer lately as well as most are replied to faster than my random lurking.

Maybe some of it is just the season. Everyone is busy enjoying their summer; once school, winter and a less fulfilling season comes we will have some new quitters...

4 people like this

15 hours ago, EricP said:

I notice the same thing Frank. I still struggle after a little over 1yr+ however not enough to post and complain about regularly. I look for posts to help people when I can however there are fewer lately as well as most are replied to faster than my random lurking.

Maybe some of it is just the season. Everyone is busy enjoying their summer; once school, winter and a less fulfilling season comes we will have some new quitters...

Glad your doing ok summer does seem to help us all. I was just trying to urge some people who just read post to engage it does help. 

1 person likes this

I noticed this too. I’m still in here lurking quite a bit too but I can’t complain too much as I am at 27 months so just looking to help others. I can say I feel quite good about my recovery but now I’m just facing regular life challenges and I can’t relate it to recovery anymore. Thank god I made it through the first two years and it was hugely because of this site. I suspect more people will join as time goes by because I don’t think they stopped prescribing Adderall recently. Anyway, glad to see you and others are still on here.

2 people like this

Yeah I check in often too but not much to see. I'm coming up on 16 months and I'm in a daily outpatient rehab along with starting a part time job. Feeling better each day. Looking forward to this cash flow. 

4 people like this

Might suggest making a mobile app for this site might draw the younger crowd in. But understand this site is ran on donations so sort of limited. I’ve seen few pages on fb started for adderall recovery but very few members but who the heck wants to share all that info publicly? Why I like this site only place you can say pretty much anything you want within reason and won’t come up in a job interview 5 yrs down the road lol. 

5 people like this

On 7/30/2018 at 6:40 PM, Frank B said:

Might suggest making a mobile app for this site might draw the younger crowd in. But understand this site is ran on donations so sort of limited. I’ve seen few pages on fb started for adderall recovery but very few members but who the heck wants to share all that info publicly? Why I like this site only place you can say pretty much anything you want within reason and won’t come up in a job interview 5 yrs down the road lol. 

Yeah the FB thing is a little weird. I was on a couple then discontinued. I would get actually “friend requests” from people that had just read my posts and I hadn’t even exchanged any dialog with... As a general rule I don’t friend anyone on FB I have not met in person and invite as a guest in my home. 

Howdy Frank, It’s been a long time since I’ve posted. You make an excellent point. I’ve wondered the same thing; where are all the new folks looking to quit? I believe I was a few months behind you on quit dates and continue to be free of adderall. I still deal with anxiety issues, but attribute it to my brain still trying to normalize from the benzos. Great to see yours and everyone’s posts here. God bless