QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Fluidity of writing/speaking?

SamJo

Hey y'all haven't been on here in awhile but I was wondering if anyone has problems with the flow of their writing (if you do write) like not being able to think of the best word to use, etc? I'm a writer as well as actor (more so actor) but every time i sit down to write i can't find my stream of consciousness like i used to be able to and my creative writing is shit. Its been about 7 months off vyvanse (definitely with a few slip ups) but wondering if this comes back or else thats really gonna suck.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

yes this is a well documented experience. it feels like struggling to retrieve words and thoughts that should be coming to you effortlessly. happy to report that this does get better, but one thing to consider is that amphetamines tend to lower your decision thresholds, meaning that you make choices faster but also feel satisfied with them much easier. if you go back to read something you wrote on vyvanse before, you may discover that it's not as good as you thought it was at the time.

being somewhat of a writer and a creative myself, i definitely understand the frustration with finding that stream of consciousness. it will definitely return, but now you'll be in a much better state of mind to extract from it those nuggets of pure genius (:

• Like 2

Absolutely, I feel I can write better than speak actually as I can write at my own pace, read and edit ;) however still don’t feel as creative.

Speaking I find myself tounge twisted at times as well as having that perfect word for a scenario and loosing it then substituting it for something more common... 

• Like 2