QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Article: Scariest Drug

DopeyMean

This article is so on point. I have had wonderful experiences in all those drugs and I outgrew them fine. Adderall is the only one that put me in the hospital twice because it completely had a hold on my life, I was utterly addicted and I didn’t even know it. It’s the scariest drug of all because it works so damn well at making you feel like a god. It is the worst because out of all the drugs I’ve done, it was the best.

• Like 2

Did anyone else have a similar experience to the writer of this article where they hated it as a child and became addicted as an adult? I was 16 the very first time I took it and remember feeling "wrong," not euphoric. My body was telling me something wasn't right. Only after I trained myself to love the dopamine did I think it felt "good." I think we should listen to kids more and trust our young bodies

• Like 3

Cheerio,

I definitely had this experience.  It was Ritalin though.  I was First Prescribed end of 10th grade in 1988. (Yes, I went to High School with Jesus) I used to give more of my prescription away than I actually took myself.  I distinctly remember complaining to my folks that the medication Vulcanized me and I didn't like it.  I also remember the 'well it's like a diabetic who needs insulin' mantra being thrown back at me.  Adderall reared its ugly head in my life about 12 years later and it was love at first bite.

• Like 2