QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Doctor appointment today

KimR

Yes! They aren't the same but similar enough to where I'd say you made the right decision. I'm guessing your doctor doesn't know you're recovering? Maybe you should tell him/her. Also, there are so many ways to lose weight and working out and eating healthier foods will help you so much more in your recovery than that drug would. 

• Like 3

On 10/2/2018 at 7:48 PM, KimR said:

I'm overweight. My regular doctor wants to put me on Phentermine. 

I said no, thinking it would be to similar to Adderall.

Did I make the right decision? 

you definitely made the right decision.  Phentermine is super close to adderall but its a nastier/harsher stimulant.  I hated it and still abused while on adderall and for a short time after I kicked adderall.... you don't want to go down that road.  I agree hyper critical that a low carb/ high fat & protein diet would be worth a shot. And try to get to the gym with some type of weight lifting and cardio routine.

• Like 3

Yes, way to go. You made the right decision and you should be proud of yourself. I’m proud of you!  BTW I lost my post Adderall weight gain with a low/no sugar, high protein and healthy fats diet.  That’s the “diet” I’m sticking with because it really works and I don’t even consider it a diet because I don’t feel deprived of anything. Stay away from processed food And sugar. Taking any drug for weight loss just isn’t sustainable. Healthy eating and exercise is.  You can do this!

• Like 3