QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Sober November

I decided no alcohol this month inspired by Joe Rogan’s sober October, although not having to give up weed and shrooms since I don’t do that stuff. Feel lately been relying on a few drinks at the end of the day for stress relief too often. Earlier in my recovery I did this and honestly did not feel much different far as sleep and energy curious to see how it will feel now. Anybody who has occasional drink feel free to join me although should have posted this pre nov lol. 

• Like 1

cool man, I always love following Joe Rogan and those other guys doing their Sober October bets.  Keep us posted, I'm curious to see how much better you feel after a month off boos.  I gave it up over a year ago and feel awesome.  I know you've already cut back on sugar and processed foods so this should make you feel even healthier 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quit-once said:

I did a Dry January and it was almost life changing, although I didn't give up the weed.  It changed my relationship with alcohol.   I feel like doing it again this year, but not until Jan, which is technically next year.  Good luck!

I had weed this summer on float trip this summer for the first time in a long time. I basically sat and said nothing for hours totally paranoid. Stuffs a lot more potent these days not for me lol. But believe it should be legal everywhere such hypocrisy alcohol which can literally kill u if over consumer is legal but pot still is not. Let alone the medical multiple benefits.

So far just 5 days in feeling a little more energy even though never drank to falling down drunk but think the 2-3 beer buzz from before dinner I’ve grown accustomed too every other day was getting too much. If you do intermittent fasting u know that’s usually a very solid buzz also lol. From what I’ve read it’s pretty counterproductive drinking before u eat the body is focused with breaking down alcohol alllowing more fat to be stored from the food so also this may help me with my fitness goals as well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, sleepystupid said:

@Frank B  almost a full month now, how do you feel? funny you mention the 2-3 beer buzz thing, i very recently found myself doing this a few times a week, i can see how it can become quite habitual lol

Feel good wouldn’t say life changing but here is the positive. My little pouch belly has gotten flatter lost about 3lbs, even with a strict diet working out nearly everyday a few miller lites will keep you from ever getting a 6 pack at least at age 40 and I’m getting close to having one. I know it’s kind of a d bag goal but never had one so going for it why not. Also a lot less peeing it’s like soon as my lips taste beer I gotta pee all damn night and all morning so not dealing with that is nice. Not relying on it every night to relax just learning to cope without it. I did drink on Thanksgiving but I also ran a 5k in the morning played flag football after I felt I deserved it dammit. I only drank 2-3 beers entire day did not drink to get a buzz did not crave getting a buzz either just enjoyed the beer. I feel moving forward drinking will be a occasional treat having with a weekend cheat meal. Far as more energy focus to be honest haven’t noticed much difference but sure it’s helping in some ways.  

• Like 1

I’m going for the six pack also. Same mind set. Never had one so figured I’d go for it. Luckily I’m still pretty young so hopefully I’ll get there in the next six months to a year. I workout 4-5 days a week and cut out a lot of sugar and processed shit.

Congratulations for mostly making it through the month without drinking.  When I quit for a month last January, I didn't really resume my 2-3 per day drinking habit until summer began.  Something about summertime that I enjoy moderate drinking.  The problem is that habit continues through the other seasons unless I take a long term break.   Last year, I wasn't sure how tough it would be to quit for a month, but now I am actually looking forward to it.  Getting drunk is no longer appealing to me, even in a party situation.  

We need to be careful that the Adderall addiction is not replaced by something else (another substance).

Well just update of overall shit lol. Anyways one thing I’m noticing not wanting to drink much is suddenly my interest in watching sports dropped big time after all what to do if not drinking while watching games of young athletes living glory you never had or will have. Don’t get me wrong I still watch my local teams but if I miss a couple of their games I don’t care as much. My workouts have been getting harder, off the daily booze I have more intensity but also it could be to my change in diet. Ok I’ve been a big fan of keto was basically on it about maybe 1.5yrs. But reading more and looking at my lifestyle decided to stop and bring some carbs back in and reduce the fat intake. Carbs being mostly rice and sweet potatoes nearly daily. I’m not eating fries or chips unless it’s skip day which now is more of a cheat meal not a entire day. I was tracking my calories and learned I was in a calorie deficit. So now I’m eating normally good sized meal 3 sometimes 4 times a day with a protein shake every meal with some carbs, veggies and lean protein meat. Being off the keto I really do appreciate that diet it does work far as loosing weight and food was great. But if your hitting the gym 5-6 times a week it can drain you. I seem to have more energy now. So it’s hard to know what’s been better the new diet or cutting off the nightly buzz but I’m going to keep doing what’s working. Plus I feel a lot better my kids don’t see dad having a couple of beers every other night. Hopefully they will recall when older dad ate healthy worked out almost daily and drank occasionally. They are a big reason I quit addy did not want them to see me pop pills everyday to be productive and now I’m continue to grow and be a better role model. 

• Like 3