QuittingAdderall.com Forums

How many unsuccessful attempts did it take before you quit for good?

Socially awkward

I am just curious to know if anyone has managed to be successful in staying sober long term despite failing numerous times quitting in the past? I have tried a several times and I only last 3 days max. I have only been addicted for 2 yrs and got hooked pretty much on day 1. I have had 2 attempts in my first yr where I lasted 2 weeks as I went overseas but craved it massively and relapsed as soon as I arrived home (mind you I was not as desperate to quit then as I am now). I went almost 2 months recently but now I have been taking it again for 3 weeks (as I was getting fat) and have successfully lost all the weight in addition to getting myself severly addicted all over again. I would happily go back to being fat In exchange for being an addict but now I have to wait until I can have time off work so I can detox all over again.

I have read that this drug is not physically addictive at all but I seem to get bad dizzy spells for the first few days where I need to by lying down all the time and my appetite drops to zero, I get chest pain which may be anxiety related but not sure? It seems to go away after a couple of weeks as does the nausea. My appetite is never a good which is strange as speed is supposed to surpress your appetite. My only explanation is the fact I am active on dexamphetamines but become a huge sloth when I don’t take it and therefore probably don’t require the calories. I managed to gain 7 pounds in less than 2 months despite never eating which is a lot considering I am only 120 pounds to begin with. I have always been 120 even before taking amphetamines so I find this quite strange?

anyways, I want to know if it’s still possible for me to quit and if it’s normal to keep failing? And if anyone else failed 100s of times in the past but has managed to be successful finally.

• Like 1

It took me two trips to the psyche ward before I finally quit. The first time I didn’t even realize it was the Adderall that made me crazy and I was off for about 3 months before I got back on. I immediately started abusing for about a month when I ended back in the psyche ward.  This time I had my epiphany and realized Adderall was ruining my life. I honestly think if I didn’t go crazy I would have never quit because I was so complete addicted to this shit, I wasn’t even trying to quit. This was 30 months ago. I took one Adderall about 6 months ago when I had been drinking and it didn’t have a big affect on me. I would never get a prescription though. I look at it like any other hard drug now, only stronger. It doesn’t matter how many tries it takes, just keep trying and quit this awful drug 

I think that’s the one thing that worries me is the fact that if I don’t quit there is the strong possibility I might end up losing it also. I can remember one incident about 6 months into my use when I didn’t sleep for 4 days and started to hear a constant humming in my ears which I mistook for the radio. That scared me into quitting for 2 weeks. I haven’t had anything like this happen again although I have noticed I get horrendous mood swings on the days I don’t use and I say horrible things and it’s as though I hate everyone and everything. It worries me as I don’t like to upset people. Sometimes I use this as an excuse to use again which I know is pathetic really. Thank you for sharing your experiences 

• Like 1