QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Doing it for real this time

Chet19

I can relate. I was really intelligent prior to adderall with an iq of 140. So much so I was extremely lazy because I could things in a tenth of the time it usually would take.  Well I discovered adderall and found out what I could do if I actually worked daily. The difference here is I ended up exploring and abusing MANY other drugs to the point I lost my mind. You seem to be in a relatively really good position compared to mine when I decided to quit. Your dose is significantly lower than a lot of people who abuse it. Also the fact you’re already feeling better after a few days says you could definitely make a good recovery. It took me six months off to feel any kind of improvement. I’m 19 months off and still struggling with the consequences of my actions. I’m aware and separate from my symptoms but that doesn’t make them go away only allows me to understand and function despite. You don’t want to continue to use because things can and will get worse. I’m sure you can do enough to keep your job. You might get questioned or demoted but in a few months I’m sure you’ll be doing significantly better and be back to a normal level of production. I know this isn’t really a feel good story. Just a forewarning. There are plenty of feel good recovery stories on here if you look. 

• Like 3

hi Chet19,

i dont particularly have a feel good story either, but i just wanted to remind you that you graduated with honors from undergrad without Adderall. that was all you! sure, it may not have been demanding in the same way a job can be (because as a student you're only responsible to yourself), but it surely required a strong work ethic.

you may not have been taking more than your prescribed dose, but consistently taking it for 2 years is no joke. it will take some time for your brain chemistry to balance itself out, but it sounds like your capable enough to weather the storm and keep your job.

if you find yourself struggling at work, something to consider: if you've been a superstar for the last 2 years, then you likely have a good enough relationship with your supervisor to have an conversation with him/her. it doesn't need to be a completely honest one if you're not comfortable with that, but maybe a heads up that you're going through some stuff and if it seems that you're not performing at full capacity, that's why.

good luck and stay close to these forums! (:

• Like 2

I think you are amazing for keeping your dose this low for all this time. I definitely 2nd the opinion of the others and say quit while you are ahead as things definitely get worse. It only took me a short while to realise this as I became stupid with my doses very early on. The general consensus from reading all the stories on this forum is that this benefit won’t last as you build a tolerance and the drug eventually becomes ineffective. 

I know Adderall has helped you to excel with your job as it did mine but there comes a time where it will no longer work and you either increase the dose or you just stop it all together. From the sounds of it you have already made the right decision! You sound  super intelligent like you don’t need it anyway! You are inspiring me to stop using my pills at work as I keep using work as an excuse! 

• Like 1