QuittingAdderall.com Forums

For Females: hormones

AbsentMinded

This may apply to men in other ways, but I wanted to make a quick post in case it could help someone else.

The last couple days my clothes were getting tight, I was more tired than usual, and I started to think maybe I should go back on Adderall and try stepping down. I know it’s a vain thing to be concerned with, but the thought of receiving clothes from my family for Christmas and them being too small was really starting to get to me.

Well, this morning I woke up and my clothes fit again. It was PMS weight gain and mental fatigue that I haven’t experienced in years. It was something I didn’t have to deal with on Adderall so I forgot it was a thing. 

So, in case any other ladies out there are thinking they gained 10 pounds overnight from stopping Adderall, it may just be hormones trying to regulate themselves after years of being out of wack. I have no scientific proof that this is what is going on, but it definitely seems to be what happened with me. Hope this helps someone not stress out about it like I did.

• Like 3