QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Adderall Affects That Have Changed Your Spouse's Personality, Destroyed Your Marriage & Family

Lachesis Atropos

I'm very curious, how many have seen obvious, negative psychological changes in your spouse immediately after taking Adderall?  When my then alleged spouse of 19 years first took adderall, the change was very obvious, almost like she was possessed by a demon, no joke. I do know of others who have had similar experiences, and their spouse was not on any other prescriptions like antidepressants or narcotics. The adderall alone changed their spouses into strangers.

After our divorce, I allowed her to remain in my house, to watch over our son and take care of our 7 cats and 2 dogs, most of them we rescued, had for over 2 to 9 years. When I traveled overseas, she EUTHANIZED ALL OF THOSE ANIMALS! These cats & dogs were like our children, what kind of person would do such a thing? This destroyed me.

The change in personality on the first day was astounding. From that day on, she was never the same woman I married. Someone should really be pursuing studies on adderall and it's affects on the brain, from person to person, male and female. She became ugly both on the inside as well as the outside, she aged rapidly in the face.I'd also point out that her mother had psychological issues, tendencies toward violence, which suggests a possible genetic component. Perhaps those patients being considered for adderall should also have their family history screened.  

I have also experienced a similar situation in my marriage. My STBX husband changed once he got on Adderall but my ex also had other addiction issues and possibly an diagnosed mental health issue. Adderall was the one that completely changed him.

I hope in the very near future this medication gets taken a lot more seriously.

• Like 1

Yes, euthanized 7 cats and 2 dogs. From what I understand, it is not all that uncommon. What is interesting, is that of all the arguing and profane language between us, when I told her I hoped she would "burn in Hell", and it was this phrase that actually concerned and offended her a great deal. Very interesting. 

Man, adderall does some crazy shit spiritually. I’ve considered the idea of me losing my soul at least the one I was use to and the one I had pre adderall and thought about the idea of a new soul taking its place during all the terrible nights of not sleeping and not eating and massive amounts of crank. I don’t think about that idea anymore though because it led me nowhere and just caused me severe paranoia and psychosis. The dillusion of soul loss and new spirit taking its place has stuck with me and caused me a lot of anguish. 

• Like 1

@SeanW I had a similar thought all the time.... for like a week of heavy use and no food/sleep I became obsessed with the idea of "ego death". Like the death of your true self with no way to reconnect to it. I really thought my soul had died and that "I" was permanently gone. It took more that a year and a half to put that fear to rest. My personality is so much more integrated now. Thanks for bringing that up, it's remarkable how similar all of our stories can be.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 7:04 PM, Lachesis Atropos said:

Yes, euthanized 7 cats and 2 dogs. From what I understand, it is not all that uncommon. What is interesting, is that of all the arguing and profane language between us, when I told her I hoped she would "burn in Hell", and it was this phrase that actually concerned and offended her a great deal. Very interesting. 

I would also be furious at whatever vet okayed this. I would think most would have them taken into foster care or something.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/26/2018 at 1:11 PM, Lachesis Atropos said:

I'm very curious, how many have seen obvious, negative psychological changes in your spouse immediately after taking Adderall?  When my then alleged spouse of 19 years first took adderall, the change was very obvious, almost like she was possessed by a demon, no joke. I do know of others who have had similar experiences, and their spouse was not on any other prescriptions like antidepressants or narcotics. The adderall alone changed their spouses into strangers

She may of had some underlying mental health issues. My husband was diagnosed bipolar 1 with schizophrenia episodes. After starting adderall. 

The adderall brought these mental health issues to the front. He was a completely changed person. Very angry all the time and when he started upping his dose that's where the schizophrenia came out. I feel like it was more of a drug induced physcosis. He had to be sedated for 5 days with haldol, and valium for him to come out of it. He had no memories of what he did while going through the physcosis. He was seeing people that weren't there, talking to people that weren't there. He planned his suicide (hung a rope in the garage and set his alarm for 3am to go end his life) when I woke up and followed him i called 911 when i seen what he had planned. At the hospital the aggressive behavior came out, he attacked a doctor. It took 3 security guards, and 5 other hospital staff to get him on the bed to be cuffed down with restraints and given 4 shots of valium before he finally gave in to the sedation. They sent him to the ICU where he was watched very closely and everytime he went to wake up he started getting very aggressive so they had to put him back out. When I came up there I was not allowed in the room because they said he could possibly sense me and wake up and they didnt want me hurt. 

Doctors are just handing this stuff out to people without any concern to their mental health.