QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Moving cities

SeanW

Maybe a change of environment is what you need, I’m thinking down the same path for myself. The fact you lasted 18months shows you have pretty strong willpower! You will probably be more focussed now you won’t have any doubts as to whether Adderrall might be useful again in the future. I sound like the biggest hippocrit I know given I am still taking it myself and couldnt even last 2 months. I know it’s hard not drinking when you are surrounded by other people who are, have you thought about traveling or something just for the short term as a distraction to get your mind off it for awhile? Don’t give up, lots of people on here had relapses in the first few yrs and have managed to stay clean for 5yrs + now. Actually from what I’ve read, I think pretty much everyone had a relapse at one point but didn’t mean they were failures . 

• Like 1

dude this is an awesome idea - i'm totally excited for you!

this is also an opportunity to embrace novelty with an automatic "in" -- you're new in town!

definitely get into the music scene there, find some open mics. maybe even jump right in to some Meetups like songwriting, poetry, etc. those are great ways to make the right kinds of new friends (:

• Like 1

I am also a musician. I sang in my first open mic last year. It was terrifying!! I’ve been playing piano and drums every day. It’s one of the only things I can focus on for 10 minutes at a time without the addies. I’m hoping to get back in the open mic scene this year!

What do you think made you relapse after 18 months?

@BK99 I think depression played a bit part in my relapse. I needed to make big changes in my life as far as a career and I had no motivation or desire to do it. I thought it would be different and it was, I took the prescribed dose and ate and sleep which i didn’t do before but I still didn’t make any progress in getting my act together and I felt guilty for taking it. It didn’t help anything so I stopped. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...