QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Adderall Recovery Guide

Great read, well done!

I agree with most of it, some experimental items I would be concerned with how much for how long or if trying it is worth it at all. 

Also there are many substances listed that are “stimulants” in one variation or another which will only cause a different dependency. Anything that causes dopamine up regulation will cause receptors to down regulate and land us in the same boat over time. 

The diet pills SynaptaLean is an interesting one for energy? I have read in more than one site now... Ingredients look pretty natural and similar to what I take individually. Wondering if anyone here has tried these?  

2 hours ago, EricP said:

Anything that causes dopamine up regulation will cause receptors to down regulate and land us in the same boat over time. 

Just wondering if you have proof of this? So you’d say no one should take say Wellbutrin because it’s a mild stimulant also? Although taking 0 stimulants would be ideal while recovering from abusing adderall for some it’s near impossible and if you want to claim taking any will just totally screw up recovery (which let’s be honest has no real timeline) I’d just like to see the studies that back it up. I see people with 1-2 years clean going back to adderall because no one has any options for them except mostly a bunch of snake oil supplement remedy’s. I just think we need to keep a open mind the main thing is people not going back to adderall and of course not doing illegal street drugs in place of. 

On 1/8/2019 at 8:03 PM, Frank B said:

Just wondering if you have proof of this? So you’d say no one should take say Wellbutrin because it’s a mild stimulant also? Although taking 0 stimulants would be ideal while recovering from abusing adderall for some it’s near impossible and if you want to claim taking any will just totally screw up recovery (which let’s be honest has no real timeline) I’d just like to see the studies that back it up. I see people with 1-2 years clean going back to adderall because no one has any options for them except mostly a bunch of snake oil supplement remedy’s. I just think we need to keep a open mind the main thing is people not going back to adderall and of course not doing illegal street drugs in place of. 

Wellbutrin is relatively mild and it’s action primarily recycles dopamine does not specifically up-regulate. However there are withdrawal symptoms from Wellbutrin as well and tapering is also required.

I will find some references for you however it’s pretty common knowledge that when you open the dopamine faucet the receptors over time resist the increased flow. 

I am not against a number of the items listed however others like Bromantane is in a very similar family as amphetamines and I would not advise taking anything off an internet list without doing your own research first so you know the risks. 

I have tried numerous supplements and honestly can’t say anything really helps significantly. Anything significant would likely be too close to the problem we are trying to leave behind us. I think with any therapy the goal would be to use short term or on an as needed basis. 

• Like 2

On 1/9/2019 at 0:12 AM, EricP said:

I have tried numerous supplements and honestly can’t say anything really helps significantly. Anything significant would likely be too close to the problem we are trying to leave behind us.

^this.

@komgordon something to consider about your plan.. you are doing and taking so many things at the same time, it is impossible to say what is actually effective. this is like saying, "i'm really cold. i'm going to turn on 14 space heaters and ALSO take some experimental drugs that MIGHT make my skin more sensitive to heat."  you see the problem here? you say yourself at the beginning of the guide: "Granted, I am coming from no exercise, adderall, smoking, heavy caffeine use, heavy drinking on some weekends all coupled with a poor diet." you could be feeling great simply from the diet and exercise, some subtle effects from supplements, research chemicals are doing nothing. hell - you could be feeling good simply because you're actively engaged in this experiment/project and getting little dopamine hits from the external validation of posting on Reddit. that's the best case scenario.

the worst case scenario? those research chemicals are actually harming you, but you can't tell yet because you are feeling subjectively better relative to terrible withdrawal symptoms. you're not measuring something quantitative here, nor are you using any standardized assessment of your subjective experience. PAWS is also known to come and go in waves.

i don't mean to discourage you because it seems you've put a lot of effort into this, but this approach is not very scientific to begin with. to be honest though, my bigger concern is around presenting something like this as "science" to a community of addicts in recovery who are desperate and often willing to try anything - your plan looks awfully expensive and dangerous.

that all being said, i am glad to read that you are feeling better after 4 months? that's great news! despite my criticism of your plan, i genuinely hope this is the attempt that finally brings you to a full recovery!  (:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sleepystupid said:

^this.

@komgordon something to consider about your plan.. you are doing and taking so many things at the same time, it is impossible to say what is actually effective. this is like saying, "i'm really cold. i'm going to turn on 14 space heaters and ALSO take some experimental drugs that MIGHT make my skin more sensitive to heat."  you see the problem here? you say yourself at the beginning of the guide: "Granted, I am coming from no exercise, adderall, smoking, heavy caffeine use, heavy drinking on some weekends all coupled with a poor diet." you could be feeling great simply from the diet and exercise, some subtle effects from supplements, research chemicals are doing nothing. hell - you could be feeling good simply because you're actively engaged in this experiment/project and getting little dopamine hits from the external validation of posting on Reddit. that's the best case scenario.

the worst case scenario? those research chemicals are actually harming you, but you can't tell yet because you are feeling subjectively better relative to terrible withdrawal symptoms. you're not measuring something quantitative here, nor are you using any standardized assessment of your subjective experience. PAWS is also known to come and go in waves.

i don't mean to discourage you because it seems you've put a lot of effort into this, but this approach is not very scientific to begin with. to be honest though, my bigger concern is around presenting something like this as "science" to a community of addicts in recovery who are desperate and often willing to try anything - your plan looks awfully expensive and dangerous.

that all being said, i am glad to read that you are feeling better after 4 months? that's great news! despite my criticism of your plan, i genuinely hope this is the attempt that finally brings you to a full recovery!  (:

Thanks, I understand the risks.  You have no clue what I went through and how low I got. I made great leaps of improvements the past two weeks. This isn't for everyone and I notice that now. However, it is for me and I have been really satisfied with the results.  I just want to say that I came, I saw and left.  Leave this behind me. I don't want to be one of those guys that says recovery is rough, I am barely recovering after 2 years. It is not a badge of honor or something to be proud of. Adderall helped destroy two good years of my youth that I will never get back. Why would I keep sacrificing my youth to this?  I want my life back, I want myself back and I have been achieving that. Yes, I understand gobbling down a bunch of stuff blindly is not a good idea.  It's not what I am doing. In all honestly, I could care less whether or not anyone follows anything on it but I made more improvements in 18 days using my plan than I did in 4 months.  I also linked it a bunch of times because I really wished someone wrote one and I stumbled upon it a long time ago. In fact, if you were to ask me about two weeks ago about stims... I would had said I might give adderall another chance. Now, I won't even go near it. Having my neurochemistry working properly has effected my psychological need for adderall. Either or, I wish you the best in your recovery or methods. I respect your method of recovering and I am not saying your methods are old or outdated. In fact you can probably be recognized as a good influence to others trying to recover.  You can tell them how hard recovery was, how much pain and sorrow you had also the time you lost for ever, so they can have something to relate to.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, komgordon said:

You have no clue what I went through and how low I got.

sure about that? lol

"Everything is improving at such an impressive rate. I do not want to be one of those guys that say yeah I am still recovering years later. This is just a hiccup for me, I came and saw then left. I am not going to let this define me or any part of my life. I am reading some experiences and seem some people take pride of recovering or quitting. It's not something to be prideful of, I rather just recover and forget."

of course we take pride in it. it's one of the hardest things we'll ever do. if we can do this? then we can do anything. (:

i too hope that you keep us updated on your progress, and i also hope this is genuinely working for you! it doesn't change the fact that what you're doing is dangerous and you have no scientific method to validate the effects of these ridiculous chemicals. it's certainly interesting research you've done - but if you truly wish to help people with this guide, clean up your methodology and remove the ego.

• Like 3

KomGordon , I do take pride in quitting but do I feel it’s a right of passage? Should everyone need to suffer years? Hell no! If you find a method that really helps avoid one to two years of misery I would encourage all new users to follow it. Yes I know how low you got don’t say your case is beyond everybody else. 

I’ll be honest you sure act like your on adderall right now with your ego maybe your little science project on yourself is working a little too well. Your still new to this come back after a year of stopping all your peptides etc and say your doing great, then that will prove your experiment  worked. 

• Like 2

I have to say everything his research is all valid if you do some googling; I commend him for documenting so well and sharing. 

The best neurologists and researchers haven't even scratched the surface in being able to truly "cure" any brain related disorders. We are in an era of trial and error for patients with mental ailments and diseases. The brain is very complicated and what works for one individual won't always work for the next as we are all different how we metabolize certain medications as well as what formulation is needed to support each of our chemical deficiencies. 

It is hopeful that we all try some supplements or prescriptions like wellbutrin that many have said "help" this lengthy healing process. I'd just caution that highly experimental substances should likely be saved for those with neurodegenerative diseases willing to participate in research as they have much less to loose by tying these things.

The exercise and General Health Stack is all healthy advise; I'd pick and choose after that. Metabolizing this much stuff could be hard on other organs and have unknown side effects. & Bromantane is almost just like Adderall. Avoid that one! 

4 hours ago, EricP said:

I have to say everything his research is all valid if you do some googling; I commend him for documenting so well and sharing. 

The best neurologists and researchers haven't even scratched the surface in being able to truly "cure" any brain related disorders. We are in an era of trial and error for patients with mental ailments and diseases. The brain is very complicated and what works for one individual won't always work for the next as we are all different how we metabolize certain medications as well as what formulation is needed to support each of our chemical deficiencies. 

It is hopeful that we all try some supplements or prescriptions like wellbutrin that many have said "help" this lengthy healing process. I'd just caution that highly experimental substances should likely be saved for those with neurodegenerative diseases willing to participate in research as they have much less to loose by tying these things.

The exercise and General Health Stack is all healthy advise; I'd pick and choose after that. Metabolizing this much stuff could be hard on other organs and have unknown side effects. & Bromantane is almost just like Adderall. Avoid that one! 

11 hours ago, sleepystupid said:

sure about that? lol

"Everything is improving at such an impressive rate. I do not want to be one of those guys that say yeah I am still recovering years later. This is just a hiccup for me, I came and saw then left. I am not going to let this define me or any part of my life. I am reading some experiences and seem some people take pride of recovering or quitting. It's not something to be prideful of, I rather just recover and forget."

of course we take pride in it. it's one of the hardest things we'll ever do. if we can do this? then we can do anything. (:

i too hope that you keep us updated on your progress, and i also hope this is genuinely working for you! it doesn't change the fact that what you're doing is dangerous and you have no scientific method to validate the effects of these ridiculous chemicals. it's certainly interesting research you've done - but if you truly wish to help people with this guide, clean up your methodology and remove the ego.

11 hours ago, sleepystupid said:

sure about that? lol

Adderall causes downregulation of dopamine.  Reference: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2670101/  it states here. Bromantane is important because it will counter act this and fix this.  Alot of people that are neurotypicals or healthy don't even notice a difference from bromantane.  It is also reported by users that they don't get a tolerance on it.  I am kinda over working on this and I am studying for the lstat right now.  All I have to say is, that I am studying like how I was before...even when I was on adderall.  Of course I don't get the stimulanted feeling.  I personally thought adderall gave me tunnel vision and wished I could study without it.  Now that I have a healthy body.. I am definetely studying but not for a long duration.  I get over it in a couple of hours.  Which is not a problem from the learning curve and all.  Basically I am studying like everyone else. 

These drugs won't get approved.  BPC 157, it woud be illogical for any company to fund a trial for something they can't make a profit from.  Its a natural forming peptide.  9-Me-Bc is great but it will only fix someone with Parkinsons for a couple of weeks then the disease will take over and remain persistent.  It won't sell at all. It is great for our case though.  DIhexa is definitely the most 'dangerous' one.  It has been picked up by the micheal j fox foundation for research.  Dihexa is the only candidate that will ever get fda approved if it ever will.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I will update you guys in 2 months because I am really pissed off on the time adderall stole from me.  So far its been really good to be honest, I made gigantic leaps, infact I completely forgot how it was to be normal me again, I keep getting reminded slowly.  Each day it gets better.  At this point, day 32. I am perfectly happy with everything in terms of health yet, day 30 I felt the same but I am better on day 32.  If that makes sense.  It's awesome to have thing go back as they should.

• 1 month later...

I am still bored & unemployed though...These stories help wonders, I fell in a terrible place in life.  I am recovered in terms of health but in terms of social status, not yet.  It's nice to know I am not alone and others went through & going through the same experience. 

• 3 years later...