QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I relapsed for the last time and I want to share some of my story.

jasonl2017

Hi Jason, welcome to the forums, you're in the right place. SO much of your story reminds me of me. I was 24 when I got clean, I code for a living (there's so much adderall allure in our field), and Narcotics Anonymous was my saving grace. You can do this!! My favorite piece of NA literature is Living Clean: The Journey Continues. I highly recommend it. Meetings were also a Godsend for me also, and I have 2 years 4 months this week!

It gets better. It's not easy, but it gets better. I've also been psychotic, paranoid, and isolated. I don't know how I endured that hell for so long but there's a better way to live, and by making this account you've taken a step in finding it for yourself. Keep reaching out and keep posting, we're here for you and we understand.

• Like 3

hi Jason,

welcome to our community! glad you decided to join us - there's such a wealth of knowledge and experience here, i can safely say it was the single greatest source of power during my recovery.

33 minutes ago, jasonl2017 said:

I already knew that tomorrow (Thursday) was the day of my appointment because the doctor's office automated appointment reminder called a few days earlier, ruining pretty much all of the progress I had made over the previous 2 weeks.

same thing happened to me during one of my attempts at quitting. at the time, my pdoc would not pre-write scripts, so i would have to call in and pick it up each month. i simply stopped calling and showing up, and i was clean for about 3 months. then.. i received the quarterly appointment reminder phone call. it's scary how visceral a reaction that simple phone call can make.

it's so great that you have the support of your boyfriend - don't let him down! (:

• Like 2