QuittingAdderall.com Forums

“What’s Adderall Like” YouTube Video

DrewK15

Definitely hits the nail on the head unfortunately I’m sure most parents believe it does not apply because their child was classified as ADD. Possibly it could persuade them to lower dosage but when grades start slipping sure they would just go back to the higher dose. It’s really a shame people do not understand the grip of addiction that takes place and he’s right cocaine has nothing on adderall. I did lines in my younger days quit never craved or missed that shit again after a couple days. Adderall quit 3 years ago still think about it at least once a fucking day. 

"you need to define what dysfunction means to you".

^ totally this.

i also agree with the cocaine thing - ain't got shit on Adderall, though i'm a little surprised about his comparison with meth. haven't tried it myself, but i have to imagine the rush is a lot stronger, though with adderall it would be longer duration less intense.

• Like 1

@sleepystupid he has another video on meth vs. Adderall that goes into more detail, it’s really interesting. I’ve done a lot of research into the topic out of curiosity. Although the high may be similar, route of administration, cost, dosage and effectiveness of re-dosage make meth so much more dangerous. Street meth dosages are huge and cheap. Imagine smoking (immediate onset high) 150-200mg of Adderall for $5 your first time, and being able to peak again and again with another $5 hit. I can see how that gets out of hand so quickly. I really feel for meth addicts knowing how hard it is to kick Adderall.

Yeah before adderall I tried pretty much every drug out there multiple times I could do coccaine, opiates, benzos, alcohol, marijuana, lsd, mushrooms and never craved them. I could go months in between uses without thinking twice no side effects or craving and I prolly used each between 5 and 10 times over the course of 5 years. Then came adderall. There has been nothing in my life come even close to the power adderall had over me. I felt I HAD to do it every day and I did. Everyday all day for four and a half years. The shit is fucking evil and really fucks you up..

• Like 2

The worst thing about Dexamphetamine/ adderall for me was reaching that point where it no longer did anything but still needing to take ridiculous doses in order to feel “ normal”. I wonder if this is the same for every drug, whether heroin/ meth addicts reach a point where they can no longer get high but keep taking the drug for the sole purpose of avoiding withdrawals? 

• Like 1

@Socially awkward I think it works that way for most drugs people get addicted to.  I had a friend who used heroin and I have had friends that smoke lots of weed, and in both cases, they needed to use at a base level just to feel normal.  This was one of my big motivators for quitting Adderall - just having to take 90 mg per day so I wouldn't wilt.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Socially awkward said:

The worst thing about Dexamphetamine/ adderall for me was reaching that point where it no longer did anything but still needing to take ridiculous doses in order to feel “ normal”. I wonder if this is the same for every drug, whether heroin/ meth addicts reach a point where they can no longer get high but keep taking the drug for the sole purpose of avoiding withdrawals? 

I really need to keep reminding myself of this. ^^^

The last couple years of my Adderall use involved taking 60mg or so just to get up and shower. How pathetic!

..and 80 of the last 83 days of abstinence have at one point involved me saying “I miss Adderall.” 

• Like 3

@quit-once @SeanW @BK99 I’m hearing you!These are the doses I’m needing just to get through work and then spending my days off withdrawing in a world of hurt, feeling like death, convinced I’m about to suffer a heart attack or stroke. I even feel sick at work now due to tapering my dose (which is still stupidly/dangerously high).  

I cant wait for my 5 weeks leave so I can get off this shit! It’s going to be hell. 

@BK99 I know how you feel, the nostalgia is real and it hurts. It’s so easy to remember the euphoria and forget the pain. Keep up the good work, you’re doing great.

@Socially awkward I’m excited that you have a good opportunity to quit coming up. You can do it! Stick around here and let us know how it’s going when you get started.

• Like 2

@DrewK15 thanks for the encouragement! I’m so glad I found this forum, it’s helped the get me motivated to quit which is what I’ve been needing to do from day 1 really. 

I’ve forgotten what the euphoria felt like now. Even the stupid dose I take to work barely cuts it. I still feel sleepy and sluggish on 60mg and increasing this only causes insomnia and nausea. I don’t think I’ll ever feel euphoria from dexamphetamine again. To be honest, I glad. I want these next 3 weeks leading up to my quit date to be as awful as possible so I never, ever want to go back to taking this shit again! 

• Like 2

@BK99 keep going online and re-reading your old posts if you ever feel you are missing adderall. Also read some of the earlier posts from the veterans on this site to compare how crap their lives were back then as opposed to what they have going on for them now post Adderall. 

One of the reasons for my frequent posts is not only to give and receive support from others but also to serve as an online journal for myself as a tool in my early quitting phase. When I think I might be missing my Dexamphetamine, Reading over my old posts can act as a reminder of how low I felt prior to quitting and why I decided to quit.

good on you for making it to 83 days! I’m envious of your achievement! I bet you can go another 83 days, and then another :)