QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Supplements that ease irritability in early AWS ?

I’ve found L-tyrosine to have helped me somewhat with the severe mood swings I’m experiencing. Wondering if there is anything else I could add that may target this specific side effect ? I’m trying to avoid appearing like a complete sociopath to everyone and anyone I may encounter in the upcoming days, weeks, months it takes for me to fully recover. I feel this symptom is one of the main reasons I constantly relapse during each quit attempt.

• 2 weeks later...

This comes up a lot on these forums...so a search would probably yield some results.

The bottom line from my perspective? It's gonna suck. And you can either spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on things that don't really work but give you the illusion of control, or you can save the money and just embrace it. 

Do it right, and this can be the last time you have to go through Adderall withdrawal. Exercise, eat right, give yourself a serious break early on. And if you still feel horrible after a few months, consider seeking some professional guidance. 

Good luck and stay close!!

• Like 2

If you can't embrace it, I would probably recommend bromantane if you dont mind a synthetic drug.  I honestly think it's an ideal drug for adderall recovery.  Also, baking soda will help with stress and blood pressure.  It should lead to less irritability and it's a dollar for a box!

Edit: baking soda will help with stress but not blood pressure: https://examine.com/supplements/sodium-bicarbonate/  should still work with irritability at a low cost.