QuittingAdderall.com Forums

MLB adderall player looks to be crashing.

Frank B

18 hours ago, Frank B said:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/04/chris-davis-hitting-slump-should-fans-boo/amp

I recall in 2014 Chris got banned from the playoffs due to failing a drug test which found he was using adderall. Of course he claimed it was a medical needs for his ADHD and year after he got a doctors note and could take them in MLB. Well he did good when he started going back on them got a huge multi million dollar contract. But then started playing bad again. Looks like his time of the golden days have past and he’s not getting that focus needed from his drugs. Anyways like all of us this shit stops working at some point. Of course sports news won’t connect the two but not hard for any of us on here to see what is going on. 

Side note been been doing much better myself sort of staying off the main forms for awhile just want to focus on moving forward. I think reading all the stories of agony sort of bring me back to a bad place. My crazy ass is still here though for anyone just message me if you feel the need. 

Yep, I agree adderall is playing a large role in this. He also got busted for steroids a couple years back on top of the amphetamines so both of these things combined I feel are the main reason for his huge slump. Less strength, less focus.

Nice thread, I’m a huge baseball fan and stat-head. I’ve been following the Chris Davis and amphetamine story since his suspension in 2014 (which was when I was just starting on the drug as well). Looking at his numbers, I’d guess he started on Adderall in either 2012 or 2013 given his massive jump in production. Another interesting fact, I remember reading that after his 2014 suspension he was granted permission to use Vyvanse, not Adderall. It seems the Vyvanse worked well for him in 2015 before turning on him altogether. As someone who used the drug, I can’t believe he scored a $161MM contract after 2 good seasons both fueled by honeymoon stage amphetamine use. Amazing the executives in charge would miss something like that. Given prevalence of use in MLB, I’m sure there are many more users who have had big seasons only to crash a couple years later.

PS: I used to think that movie ‘Limitless’ might have been inspired by Adderall, but the more stories I see like this, I’m sure it was. If anyone asks me what Adderall is like, I just tell them to watch that movie.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DrewK15 said:

PS: I used to think that movie ‘Limitless’ might have been inspired by Adderall, but the more stories I see like this, I’m sure it was. If anyone asks me what Adderall is like, I just tell them to watch that movie.

Funny you should mention the movie Limitless. When I saw that movie I remember making the same comparison to Adderall. I remember thinking that although Adderall doesn't make me a super genius like the pills in the movie at least it doesn't turn me into a non-functioning burnout when I stop taking them... Boy was I wrong.