QuittingAdderall.com Forums

My early recovery journey- 65days clean

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you! This helps me a lot. My world feels so small right now because I've just been going to work and coming home to play computer games and watch tv and drink wine to help the come down. The next morning I take a pill to avoid the hangover. I took my last vyvanse (ok i took 3) and I'm officially out for REAL. I was honest with my psychiatrist, therapist and boyfriend, so I know I have support but obviously scared (well not right now because I took 3 vyvanse today so I actually feel nothing lolz, but I know I will be fucking terrified tomorrow) Anyways, your post was exactly what i needed to read so thank you!

• Like 1

@Socially awkwardyour story helped me when having a rough patch. Pretty much the same reasons I quit.     Thanks for sharing

I like your name lol @growingupistheworst ❤️ I’m newer to forums. Hang in there the first week is the hardest physically... (or was for me) and then it’s a roller coaster of mind games. I’m on Month 5 off adderall... good days are starting to become more consistent. Don’t  get discouraged just be proud your making the decision. I’m still taking one day at a time. These forums saved me multiple times from making that appt or caving to ask friends for adderall. I know I have so far to go.. just thought I’d send you some encouragement. 

• Like 1

@growingupistheworst hang in there! The first week is definitely the most difficult but just know that once you are through it, it is all uphill from here. I still have my bad days where I crave my pills but now 3 months in, I can honestly say I’ve seen big improvements in my overall mental health, relationships with others and my physical health and appearance. You will feel a real sense of achievement once you discover you are no longer a slave to your pills and life will start to get better. 

• Like 1