QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Tired of Being Tired

Guess I just need to vent because I know there is no solution to being tired all the time. If you know a magic recipe to naturally increasing energy I am desperate to try anything.

I’m much older now than before I got hooked. But I have been off for 2 years and 3 months and I feel tired all the time and all I want to do when I have spare time is rest. Is this normal or could I still be experiencing the aftermath of being on adderall for 12 years?

Maybe this is the way people who were never addicted to adderall feel at age 44?

maybe it’s hormonal?

For the past two years I have allowed myself to be as lazy as I wanted. But I’m beginning to wonder if I am ever going to feel natural energy again. Is it all downhill from here?  

• Like 1

i can't say for sure that it's not the Adderall still (12 years is a long time), but sounds more like you're in a rut.

i don't have the answer to this, cause i too am in a rut, but i'm beginning to think that "natural energy" only comes as a result of being passionate about something. my only evidence of this is that i still get really excited about things like videogames. i know it's not a "productive" type of energy, but it's a legitimate hobby that i enjoy thoroughly.

i therefore wonder if there's some project or calling in my future that will revitalize me as a whole? or maybe it will come and pass because i don't have the energy to seize it?

• Like 4

Thanks for your response. I haven’t always been this tired in my recovery so that is the good news. You’re right I’m probably just In a rut. And it makes a lot of sense what you say about how when you find something you are passionate about it lights up that inner drive. I hadn’t thought of that. You have some really good ideas. Adderall made me feel excited about things artificially. So off of adderall I’m no longer interested in what I was interested in while I was on and I feel lost. I’m going to work on finding things I’m passionate about naturally and see if I can’t break myself out of this. Good job on being off addy and I hope you break out of your rut too. 

• Like 4