QuittingAdderall.com Forums

What are your experiences with rehab centers?

Hello.  I am actually posting this on behalf of someone else in my life who has reached a really severe level of addiction. 

I need to know what are your recommendations and/or experiences with rehab centers?

Are there any that are based in very tranquil, nature settings?  Like in a beautiful nature reserve of sorts, with lots of healthy food and activities?  Something that doesn't feel like an institution? 

If anybody here has helpful information, please pass it on to me here in the post (or PM if you feel it is too private to share publicly), I would really appreciate it.

Thank you all!

I had a wonderful experience going to rehab in California. The center I went to was called Monarch Shores and was essentially just a beautiful beach home with a bunch of roomies. It did not at all feel like an institution, and I was able to bring my cell phone and laptop as well. We had regular outings, yoga, etc. The kitchen was stocked so that we could cook for ourselves, and they would also make weekly trips to the store for special requests. They accepted my insurance and I had to only pay for diagnostics. If you would like any more info, don't hesitate to reach out.   :) 

Does the person have insurance? These places all charge a ton, but my insurance covered everything but the diagnostics, which came out to a few hundred dollars. I could never have afforded to go on my own.

I don't have any personal experience with other locations, but if they have insurance,  I would recommend finding a rehab placement service. These services work with several centers to match you with one that will accept your insurance at the lowest out of cost pocket. This was how I found Monarch shores. I checked and saw that the one I used is no longer in business, so I do not have any personal recommendations for that. Never alone recovery looks like they use a very similar process, though.