QuittingAdderall.com Forums

The bad stuff that happened during your addiction

I am about 9 months clean!  I feel great other than dealing with lingering issues that happened during my addiction.  It's a long story but it essentially put my life to a halt for a bit.   I find it best to blame adderall despite the situation evolved from a shitty person,  adderall made me stay in the situation and not get out.  I feel better and basically feel free if I blame adderall instead.  I hope this is healthy... how do you guys cope with the bad mistakes that happened during your addiction?

• Like 1

Congratulations on reaching the 9 month mark! At least your life can now move forward in a positive direction. I’m also struggling to come to terms my behaviour and mistakes made during my addiction too. The fact that you have taken responsibility and have owned these mistakes shows that you are a good person. One thing that has really helped me to cope a bit better was coming clean about my addiction to friends and family. At least this way they could see that they weren’t to blame for all the shitty arguments and events that unfolded throughout this time. Don’t dwell on the past too much, you are not the same person you were 9 months ago and you are never too old or too young to turn your life around. 

• Like 1

My husband has been on Adderall for a year. In that year he has completely changed. He is having an affair, basically kicked me out & moved her in 2 weeks later. He says she is the love of his life and he never really loved me. We went from being very loving, touchy/feeling with each other to him screaming at me that he doesn’t love me & deserves to be happy. He has said so many cruel things to me but at the same time says I am his best friend. Everyone who knows us is in shock because we actually had that Real Love everyone is looking for. We don’t talk very often now but when we do it usually him calling me freaking out, saying he is messed up in the head and doesn’t know what he is doing. Is this normal for some one on prescribed adderall? To be adamant that they are happy & found true love and the next to be freaking out & crying? He is an alcoholic and drug addict(meth & Oxie a few years ago)he hasn’t drank in 5 years and now he takes the prescribed adderall and then ambien at night. At least I think that is all he does. Any advice on how to handle all this is appreciated, right now all I do is pray for him and try not to have any contact. I feel like the man I loved is dead