QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Day 4

idkanymore

Hi @idkanymore. I feel for you, I can only imagine what it’s like trying to quit this drug with the responsibilities of full time work and a young child. It’s hard, but you can do it, and you’ll look back so happy that you did. Don’t try to do it alone. Use this forum, talk to your doctor, tell some friends/family that have your trust.

Hopefully your boyfriend will support you as well. Show him these forums. Tell him why you want to quit and what the benefits will be on the other side. Other than yourself, those closest to you have the most to gain by you quitting Adderall. You will be able to love your boyfriend more wholeheartedly off of Adderall. Tell him that and ask for his support while you’re going through the hell of early recovery. Best of wishes on your journey. 

• Like 2

On 7/23/2019 at 4:28 PM, idkanymore said:

Thank you so much for replying to me. @DrewK15 it means so much. I told him about the website and he’s glad it helps me but he doesn’t understand the withdrawal process. I was taking 180-200 mg a day and I stopped cold turkey. My system is in shock and my world is turned upside down it feels like.

that is a dangerous amount of Adderall - i was around the same towards the end of my use. it is certainly possible to quit cold turkey, but honestly i was taking Wellbutrin which kind of softened the roughest edges of early recovery. this can certainly help if there is no way to take a break from your responsibilities (take time off work, have your boyfriend/parents look after your kid?). you really need to give yourself some breathing room, at least for a couple of weeks till you're past the can't-keep-your-eyes-open phase.

• Like 1

Hey thanks so much for reaching out, I don’t have anyone in real life who has been addicted to this drug so this website helps me so much. @sleepystupid 

I’m on day 7 and I’m feeling so much better. I had to take off one day of work but that’s all so far. My child goes to her dads every other week since we split custody so this week will be used to rest as much as I can. I’m feeling like I’m getting some of my energy back. I’ve been trying to make an appointment with my doctor to talk to him about possibly getting on Wellbutrin, I’ve heard a lot about it on this site and my mom is on it as well. I’m on celexa and I take it at night so I’m not sure if that’s why my mood has been somewhat stable. I’m really proud of myself for making it one week without obsessing over when am I gonna take my next pill or how many do I have left. It’s a good feeling