QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Cry for Help... Bad Adderall Withdrawals

dpaul6626

I am on day 3 of quitting adderall and I am a mess. I am trying to hide what I'm going through from my family and friends out of guilt. I am extremely tired, irritable, and severely depressed. I feel hopeless and I keep crying for no reason. This is harder then I thought it would be. I don't know if I am going to make it. Need encouragement... Quit cold turkey.. I have tried cutting down but I always end up abusing it again. Cold turkey is the only way for me.

Quitting can be quite the ugly process but think of it as earning your freedom back. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually quit taking Adderall after years and years of being scared at the mere thought of living without it. The quitting process for me was hell and the suffering was not unlike what you described. But my dependency on Adderall was out of control and exhausting. My coping mechanism was to imagine that if I didn't succeed in quitting, I'd be Adderall's bitch again. It helped me to visualize that the agony felt from quitting was just the 'breaking of the chains,' and therefore a good kind of pain. So embrace it and know that the most difficult part is almost over.

• 2 months later...

I know it has been a couple months now that you have quit adderall. I stopped about the same time you did and was wondering if you were still experiencing symtoms of withdrawl like fatigue. If you are like me theres a product ive been using that has healped me a great way called Emergen-c.Its just a package if vitamins and minerals that you poor into a glass of water. (hot water tastes better). I started doing two at a time, several times a day and now i can do one packet. but several times a day. If it wasnt for these little packets I for sure would have refilled my script. Hope this is a little help.

• 1 month later...

I know it has been a couple months now that you have quit adderall. I stopped about the same time you did and was wondering if you were still experiencing symtoms of withdrawl like fatigue. If you are like me theres a product ive been using that has healped me a great way called Emergen-c.Its just a package if vitamins and minerals that you poor into a glass of water. (hot water tastes better). I started doing two at a time, several times a day and now i can do one packet. but several times a day. If it wasnt for these little packets I for sure would have refilled my script. Hope this is a little help.

had a dr visit the other day for a med check. (another issue with adderal). i discussed quitting some of my meds, particularly adderal. she said that since there were no serious withdrawal symptoms, it wasn't necessary to wean yourself off. i just gave her a look like, "huh"? :blink: then i described the last time i ran out. "well, you could be right but the first day i was without, i wanted to die. after that, it got progressively worse."

• 2 weeks later...

had a dr visit the other day for a med check. (another issue with adderal). i discussed quitting some of my meds, particularly adderal. she said that since there were no serious withdrawal symptoms, it wasn't necessary to wean yourself off. i just gave her a look like, "huh"? :blink: then i described the last time i ran out. "well, you could be right but the first day i was without, i wanted to die. after that, it got progressively worse."

I can't stand know it all doctor's who act like they know what they're talking about when in reality they don't know squat about half the medications they're giving. Ugh!!!