QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Adderall Withdrawal Fatigue

dpaul6626

I am now on day 5 of withdrawaling from Adderall. I know I am thru the worst of the withdrawals.. But I am feeling extremely fatigued and depressed. I have been taking vitamins and I've been eating healthier, but I still haven't been able to gather enough energy to go to the gym. How long does it take before the fatigue starts to go away? Should I push myself to go to the gym no matter what.. Or should I give myself some more time to recover? I don't want to push myself too hard too fast... But I also don't want to not do enough either. Any input from anyone that has been thru this would be appreciated. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi dpaul6626,

As far as the gym and exercise is concerned: There is no such thing as too soon. The sooner you do that, and the harder you push yourself, the better you will be.

At 5 days out, you're still very much in the throws of physical withdraws. You're not out of those woods until week 5, not day 5. Exercise will only help, and more exercise will only help more.

Also (and this advice is probably for later when the chem withdraws are done) make sure you have an appropriate definition of fatigue. To an Adderallic, not feeling crazy-amped can be felt as "fatigued" when most normal people would call it "how I always feel". You have to set lower expectations for your energy levels. You are not invincible anymore. You are mortal now. You need lots of rest, exercise, coffee....just like the normies. :-)

Again though, get to the gym or the running park as soon as you can...even if you don't feel like. Nobody ever feels like going to the gym, but everybody loves the feeling they have when they get back. In terms of your recovery: The sooner you can start an exercise habit, the better.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Hey dpaul,

I don't know how long you have been on amphetamines, but a psychologist i saw just the other day warned me that it may take 3 months (or more) for dopamine & serotonin levels in the brain to return to their normal functioning. He said they will stabilize - it just depended on the duration & dosages. He referred to some quite recent research on this topic but sorry i can't be more specific.. :(

This guy was well-versed in the subject of drug use/abuse too.

I don't about fatigue specifically but what i took from this was that my ability to be happy might be a bit impaired for a few months. Scary thought i know - but it might be helpful to have a chemical explanation for your depression. Seems it might just be part of the process..

Just my 2 cents.

trey

• 1 month later...

I take adderall all week, then don't on saturday and sunday. I sleep the day away on Saturday. I hve trouble sleeping, but can sleep, get out of bed just to walk downstairs and get food, come right back up and fall asleep again and not wake up until the next morning. I am just so exhausted after a week of adderall and work, and then not taking it.

I want to get off of adderall but I'm scared to. Will post more later.

Mike- thank you. We are lucky to have this site.

• Like 1

I quit taking adderall 5 days ago after being on it for 7 years and I'm feeling great. I changed my diet 4 months ago by eliminating sugar and flour. In addition, I made sure to increase my water and take quality supplements. I have been careful about taking medicine, but I wasn't ready to give up taking adderall. Recently, I felt the adderall more intensely, but I hadn't changed my dosage (25mg XR)in years and I knew it was time to stop taking it. After reading how bad it is for people to quit I was nervous, but chose to go cold turkey. Honestly, I have not had any side effects and I attribute it to my healthy way of eating. I believe there is a connection with all the sugar, gluten, and processed foods that we consume. I encourage everyone battling ADD/ADHD to clean up your diet.

• 4 weeks later...

I am now on day 5 of withdrawaling from Adderall. I know I am thru the worst of the withdrawals.. But I am feeling extremely fatigued and depressed. I have been taking vitamins and I've been eating healthier, but I still haven't been able to gather enough energy to go to the gym. How long does it take before the fatigue starts to go away? Should I push myself to go to the gym no matter what.. Or should I give myself some more time to recover? I don't want to push myself too hard too fast... But I also don't want to not do enough either. Any input from anyone that has been thru this would be appreciated. Thank you.

'dpaual...go to the gym,run,hike....do something! Anything to get your natural endorphins on tap. I am there myself but find it hard to take my own advice.

However, I feel "energy follows thought" so go my friend and when you do write me back and encourage me to do the same. If it was easy anyone could do it

And your not anyone but some body!

I agree with Mike, there is no such thing as too soon when it comes to exercise. Today was day 4 for me, and exercising has been helping tremendously.

GREAT JOB!!!

I understand what you're going through, keep it up. We can do it :)