QuittingAdderall.com Forums

almost 9 weeks clean- drowning in depression

dolssa

I know it is tough! You are not alone. Sending you some love today. You can get through this part.

its a long journey.  I still battle that addict voice that wants a script. The voice does get quieter the longer you stay clean! Hang in there. You got this! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow @dolssa you and I are in the exact same place. My depression got so bad that I had to go back to my psychiatrist and get on an anti depressant (wellbutrin). I was so hellbent on never taking a pill again but the depression was absolutely so painful. I have been on it for about a month, I think it is working a bit.

Another thing too, my intuition is SO spot on. I ALWAYS catch 11:11 these days too, I recently accidentally ended up with these "ask angel" cards and have had so many signs to "ask my angels". like yesterday, I saw the word CHERUB 4 different times. LIKE WHAT??? It really is amazing.

With all of the synchronicities it is enough to keep me clean. I am pretty spiritual as is and I know intuitively that my soul needs to be off adderall 

• Like 1

@kayblacks

wow! i feel the exact same way. signs from the universe are real and should not be ignored. I still am seeing 11:11 and 1:11 almost every day since quitting. crazy how those signs are just enough to convince me to stay sober when the cravings are calling. so good to have someone also get this! :)

glad to hear wellbutrin is helping a little for you.. that is probably in my future as well.

while i don't necessarily share the spirituality, anything that adds value to life and recovery process is awesome!

that being said, i'm an advocate of Wellbutrin - just be careful of the dosage. normal adult dosage is ~300mg a day, but most people find that too stimulating and can cause anxiety. i'd start out at half that in SR form, try it for a month and see if it helps. (: 

• Like 1