QuittingAdderall.com Forums

4 years clean - checking in

positivethoughts

I wasn't clinically diagnosed with PAWS, but looking at the symptoms - sleep disruption, low energy, anxiety, mental fog - they definitely describe how I felt for quite a while after I stopped taking stimulants. Sleep was definitely a big issue, as was mental fog. I'm also reading that the PAWS "can last for a few days, and these can continue cyclically for a year" which is interesting because some days and weeks were definitely more difficult than others. It makes sense to think of the withdrawals as rhythmic looking back at that first year. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Misanthropissed said:

Did you have derealization for over a year too? Did your memory and thinking ever recover? I feel retarded

i'm not sure about the derealization part, but if by retarded you mean the word soup effect, stuttering and stumbling through your speech - yes it does recover! this was something that worried me greatly early on, but it's well documented (on here) and goes away within the first year i'd say.