QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Quit addy but still drinking 2 much? Why am I so hyper and restless?

Bubbagump99

I’m such a fn spaz.  Was on Ritalin and addy for yearrrsss.  Detox on my own was a nightmare and quite frankly, would not wish it upon my worst enemy.  I’ve been addy free for about 3 years, maybe more.  However, I do tend to gravitate towards alcohol here and there, like I go in spurts. I will binge drink for a month or two or three and then not drink for half a year.  I feel like I’m just hyper and fidgety so the alcohol helps me mellow the hell out.  Not sure what’s wrong with me. 

Keep in mind I was prescribed addy bc I lied about my ‘symptoms’ and was actively seeking it.  I may very well have add but for f*cks sake I need to calm down.  I was like this when I was little too-it’s just that my mind always has to be going and stimulated.  I hate weed and the smell of it but sometimes I feel like if I took a puff or had a candy I’d chill TF out.  I’m not anxious, don’t worry, don’t have anxiety, I just need to be ‘entertained’ and have my mind constantly stimulated.  I can never focus on one thing.  Wanna watch a tv show? Cool. I’ll watch but after a couple mins I’ll be on my phone playing candy crush or googling some crap. Can anyone relate to this? I’m so over this. Why can’t I just be calm and normal?? Wtf?

I do relate to your post Smhjen.  I am like that too a lot of the time.  I fill my time up with lots of things that stimulate me, and sometimes I can see it as a fun way my mind works.  Like, I get to learn about lots of things!  I make a list of all the things I want to look up, etc., so when I'm watching the tv show and get bored, I can google the thing I had found interesting (maybe it's just a song I want to know the lyrics to!) and then I never feel like I'm wasting time b/c I'm constantly doing things I'm interested in.  However, I have also found it beneficial to do yoga, because it has helped my mind learn how to be calm and still sometimes (like little brief moments in the week, LOL!)  I started with hot yoga b/c that was the only type that was physically challenging enough that could actually get me to concentrate on what I was doing without my mind wandering everywhere (as much.)  I have no idea if what I do will be helpful for you, but I just wanted you to know that you're not alone.  And in the meantime, embrace your superpower!  ;)  (P.S.  I also figured out that stopping drinking helped in the long run.  I like Annie Grace's book Naked Mind and her website.)

• Like 2