QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Day 2 Clean

tayr127

Hey everyone,

I know day 2 isn't much, but I truly hope this time sticks for me. I've been dealing with adderall addiction for about 7 years now and man is it so tough.  How do you guys fight the urge to not use again? My boyfriend is prescribed, same with both of my brothers so I feel like it is constantly around.

I also get so bored at work when I don't take it and my production levels are so low...any advice would be awesome.  It is crazy how lonely this feeling is :(

• Like 1

Congrats on day 2. Right now is the hardest time. Hang in there. In my experience I just can’t have it around. Thankfully, my husband does not have a script. probably the only way I’ve stayed clean in this first yr. Maybe others can give you better advice. For me having it in the house is what kept me on it for so many yrs. 

In the past when I’ve dated people w/ a script or even had a roommate with a script it was a never ending cycle. If I finished script early they would spot me and vice versa. However, back then I was never trying to quit. 

Just remember this part is the hardest. Each stage comes with its own challenges, but right now you need to have it away from you at all costs. 
 Does your boyfriend know you are quitting? Maybe he can help by keeping it completely out of sight, I know that’s easier said than done?   You are not alone. Keep coming on here to post. Some days it’s the only thing that gets me through it! 

• Like 1

For me the first week was the absolute worst. I have bad days now and its still really really hard but those first 5 days clean for me I was literally helpless. I could not do anything. I was also so so so bored, and everything seemed like it was too much. It does get better. but you just have to surrender to it the first week and just do everything you can to not take it.  If you do absolutely nothing but not take adderall that day... well youve had a great productive day. go easy on yourself, you can do it.

Honestly i was lucky enough to take a month off of work. but from what ive read from others on here, do the bare minimum at work. don't except yourself to perform the same as you did on adderall in early recovery. I am coming up on 3 months sober and I still want it almost everyday, however, they are usually quick cravings and then they pass and I can usually have a normal adderall free day feeling good. im still waiting to feel great and back to my complete motivated self (i am a capricorn after all we are natural workaholics). Take it a day at a time. you will be bored, you will be unmotivated, you will be tired. but i promise you it does get better in time. what made sobriety stick for me was how awful my life was even when i relapsed. recovery is hard but its better than the dark roller coaster i was on when i took it so i got to the point where it didnt matter how awful the days were without adderall, sticking it out is my only hope to getting my life back.

Day 3 here I go!!!

could not agree more about the relapse, because then the question is now what? and i am someone who once I took one pill, i wanted as many as I could get my hands one. I have stolen pills from my boyfriend, brothers, cousin, friends, co workers :( super awful. i hate thinking about it.

and once i take 10mg, i will take 150 mg the craving never ever stops, anyone else feel like this?

Congrats on getting thru day 3! I bet you're pretty tired but you CAN beat your addiction to this drug even though everyone around you uses it.  It will obviously make it incredibly more difficult but unless they're holding you down to take it then you can talk yourself out of it.  I'm only day 13 but my best friend is coming up on 4.5 years clean and had to deal with me and everyone else around him taking it.  Even when he would be drinking at parties he still knew that he couldn't take it when offered because of the hell it would cause him.  Simply put you CAN do this and the sooner you do it the better. I wish I had some awesome line or something to give you but I don't at the moment. lol. 

I just wanted to let you know that you're definitely not alone in this struggle!!! Good luck and just know that this could be your last Day 3 ever if you want it bad enough!!!