QuittingAdderall.com Forums

adderall induced eating disorder

dolssa

Pretty sure adderall caused me to develop an eating disorder.  The reason for my relapse in the past have been mainly weight gain. Now I'm almost at the three month mark and once again I am about to relapse due to my weight. I was doing fine, but I saw a picture of myself and now I am in a downward spiral thinking about how I am going to get my hands on a new script.  pretty sure wanting adderall so i can starve myself easily is defiantly an eating disorder. masked as just adderall addiction. I made it to the three month mark being super super careful about what I put in my mouth yet I havent been able to get over some weight gain. I know it can get better with exercise but it won't ever be adderall skinny again which i've grown attached too. I make my money though instagram but i havent posted since my three month recovery started. my self confidence is at an all time low. I am only going to be ready for full recovery when I am ready to give up the life i built on adderal and I am not ready to give that up yet.

• Like 4

Don’t have any advice just wanted to say I’m going through a similar thing. Gaining weight was the reason I relapsed the last time I tried quitting adderall so this time around I’ve been careful about making sure I’m Exercising and eating correctly but at almost 2 months in my motivation for that is dwindling.

if anyone else has any advice I’d love to hear it 

• Like 2

I have/ had same issue. I exercised and ate well even through the depression phases. I held onto about 5-7 lbs that I couldn’t lose for anything between months 2-8. That is a lot for me because I’m short. Around 8-10 months clean the weight just fell off. Hang in there because you won’t hold onto the weight forever. It’s still a battle of cravings for me...  without those little helpers! 

• Like 4

• 8 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 4:00 PM, m34 said:

I have/ had same issue. I exercised and ate well even through the depression phases. I held onto about 5-7 lbs that I couldn’t lose for anything between months 2-8. That is a lot for me because I’m short. Around 8-10 months clean the weight just fell off. Hang in there because you won’t hold onto the weight forever. It’s still a battle of cravings for me...  without those little helpers! 

This comment is really giving me hope that I'll lose some of what I've gained. I've been really careful, but naturally have been eating a TON more and moving less. Adderall and the weight loss that came with it made me extremely obsessive with working out intensely every day and eating as little as possible.

Do you recall gaining a lot of weight predominately in your stomach area? I feel so gross and wide there :/ 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/5/2020 at 9:53 AM, kidflash83 said:

Don’t have any advice just wanted to say I’m going through a similar thing. Gaining weight was the reason I relapsed the last time I tried quitting adderall so this time around I’ve been careful about making sure I’m Exercising and eating correctly but at almost 2 months in my motivation for that is dwindling.

if anyone else has any advice I’d love to hear it 

Increased appetite after quitting speed is normal and short term. Instead of resisting/fearing it embrace it, treat it like a bulk and lift heavy. Use that extra food to fuel muscle building and as your appetite normalizes and you go back to eating a normal amount you will naturally shred! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...