QuittingAdderall.com Forums

How is COVID-19/social distancing/sheltering place treating your recovery???

LuLamb

Hi Guys-I’m very curious to know how others are faring with social distancing and sheltering in place?  
I’m doing well overall...where I am we are under shelter-in-place orders and I’m able to work from home. I’m very introverted and the orders feel like a big break from the normal everyday pressures...it’s been nice to have to stay home and do so much less. It makes it easy to feel like I am a contributing member of society, and don’t often feel that way!. I hope you all are well and safe. 

• Like 2

that's great! sounds like exactly what you need right now (:

i can see it going both ways for some people. early on in my recovery, i actually needed to be out of the house. getting up and going to work forced me into a routine of normalcy, and being around others forced me to work on socializing.

stay safe and stay sober everyone! 

We aren't working from home yet but I work in a very small office, I do construction estimating.  I had some really great momentum at work leading up to this pandemic regarding focus and motivation.  But my concentration has been shit since this crisis.  I know its the worst thing to do but I obsess over the news surrounding it and have neglected my work.  Then its a cycle of being stressed that I'm behind on work and further neglecting my work to distract myself from feeling stressed.

Its definitely a strange time to be alive.  I'm not necessarily worried about getting sick, but I'm definitely weirded out about having to stay in, and everything being shut down and how wiped out the grocery stores are.  Just feel very weird about it all, feels like a movie, feels like the type of thing we always assume would never really happen.

• Like 1

I’m going through serious mental gymnastics over here. I really felt like my job was making progress and Id been feeling like my life was back on track before all this shit. We are in shelter in place order where I live. 

I’m so thankful to be sober and clean off adderall. However, I’m feeling like my world is crashing down around me. Both my husband and I have jobs that are potentially about to be obsolete. We both kind of have side projects going, so guess that could be our plan B. Maybe it’s for the best. My creativity is kicking back in, feeling more like myself (aside from the stress of the pending apocalypse and all).  All I want is to escape this nightmare! Sending love to anyone else struggling. Hope everyone is safe and healthy tonight. You are not alone! 

• Like 2

While this is a very stressful time, and its scary the uncertainty of work and income, I am finding that this downtime and staying home has helped my recovery. it is helping me put time down from my last pill (nov 11, 2019). before this all happened i was feeling pressured at being months sober but still lacking motivation, now I am home with family and that pressure is taken away because technically staying home and doing nothing is helping yay! i am doing something! lol 

I was also struggling socially and now that is not an option either. no pressure to have a social life at the moment with us all in isolation. taking this a day at a time, I obviously want this to be over, but I haven't felt any pressure what so ever to take adderall since it started and I was craving it before because I wanted to get out and do shit. 

Stay safe and stay adderall free!

• Like 3

The past few days have been more challenging. I think the novelty of working from home and sheltering in place is waning. Yesterday I was Feeling really “blah” and my thoughts began going to how much a little Adderall would help. I need to give some structure To this new situation - mainly, I need to up the ante on the amount of exercise I’m getting. I stopped smoking pot a few weeks ago, and have been very pleasantly surprised at what a non-issue that turned out to be. But before COVID-19 *hit* I had gotten really into my OrangeTheory workouts and once they closed, I managed to do some jogging/walking/biking, but now it’s Friday and I haven’t worked out all week and am feeling incredibly sluggish. It’s great to be having so much more time for sleep, but today I feel the dull ache of too much sleep, not enough exercise. If I can manage to get myself up and out for a good run today, everything else will be gravy. All this said, overall I am really enjoying the quiet, slowed pace of sheltering in place, and, despite the pandemic, I don’t want it to end. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LuLamb said:

The past few days have been more challenging. I think the novelty of working from home and sheltering in place is waning. Yesterday I was Feeling really “blah” and my thoughts began going to how much a little Adderall would help. I need to give some structure To this new situation - mainly, I need to up the ante on the amount of exercise I’m getting. I stopped smoking pot a few weeks ago, and have been very pleasantly surprised at what a non-issue that turned out to be. But before COVID-19 *hit* I had gotten really into my OrangeTheory workouts and once they closed, I managed to do some jogging/walking/biking, but now it’s Friday and I haven’t worked out all week and am feeling incredibly sluggish. It’s great to be having so much more time for sleep, but today I feel the dull ache of too much sleep, not enough exercise. If I can manage to get myself up and out for a good run today, everything else will be gravy. All this said, overall I am really enjoying the quiet, slowed pace of sheltering in place, and, despite the pandemic, I don’t want it to end. 

I definitely relate to what you say about the novelty of working from home wearing off.  It was cool for a few days but eventually it gets pretty blah when you work from home for 8 hours and then when you get off your still at home with nowhere to go.

The wife and I have been doing at home workouts, walking the dogs, and going for runs after we finish the workday.  Its really helped with with the mood and overall sanity.  Just commit to do some exercise daily and don't waiver. You won't regret it.