QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Quitting adderall during quarantine

Brit

@Brit Welcome to the forum and that is quite a story!! Keep up the good work on staying off the meds!!! I believe it was super smart to take advantage of this quarantine...you got the immediate withdrawals over with while fighting the virus.  A few years ago I had type A flu and kept on popping pills like an idiot. Still haven't fully learned my lesson since then but these past 5-6 weeks have been a blur and I'm ready to get past this struggle I'm still facing. Good luck!!! Keep posting!!

I agree- this quarantine is a unique opportunity to get off adderall that we’ve never had before and might never get again. The world has literally stopped so what a great time to work on yourself. It will still be a long road to truly getting this monkey off your back, but getting through the difficult initial phases while you’re in quarantine is a great start. Regardless, once this is all over it is important to stay strong and keep your eye on the prize. You can do this!!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, tuneum said:

do you mind if i ask how slow your taper was/how many weeks/months it has taken you?

When I first started quitting adderall I tapered off 10-15% of my normal dosage when I had to work. I eyeballed it, didn’t use a scale. On days I didn’t have to work (weekends) I went cold turkey. This was recommendation of an article I found.  I felt fine doing it this way, no withdrawals that I could tell. After two weeks of 10-15% reduction, I started doing 15-20% reduction, but then came down with coronavirus and went cold turkey. From cold turkey it took about 20 days to feel semi-normal. I’m at 98 days since starting overall and 84 days since cold turkey, just still trying to figure out how to reclaim my energy and willpower. But I feel better overall