QuittingAdderall.com Forums

5 Worst Things Adderall Did To You?

StAnne0822

I left the marriage while still on Adderall. That was four years ago. Mind you, I sometimes say that I had no business getting married in the first place. Adderall became both a coping mechanism as well as a death knell. My ex and I are friendly and I'm in a new relationship that is the healthiest one I've ever had.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuLamb said:

I left the marriage while still on Adderall. That was four years ago. Mind you, I sometimes say that I had no business getting married in the first place. Adderall became both a coping mechanism as well as a death knell. My ex and I are friendly and I'm in a new relationship that is the healthiest one I've ever had.  

I need to give it a chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuLamb said:

Adderall became both a coping mechanism as well as a death knell.

I don't like to acknowledge some of the good things that drug did for me, but the coping mechanism was one of the biggest plusses.  I guess that when you are high all the time you can cope with just about anything.  I was taking care of my aging and failing mother, as well as a new puppy ten years ago, at the time I said it gave me incredible patience.  Now that I have another new puppy, I must acknowledge that remarkable coping mechanism.  It takes all the patience I have not to strike this precious puppy, for just acting like a normal puppy requiring care and monitoring 24/7.  It was easier being high on adderall, although I know I didn't give the last puppy the quality training this one is receiving.  

• Like 2