QuittingAdderall.com Forums

5 months today

dolssa

THIS IS CRAZY! I never thought i would get this far holy shit! i literally tried quitting for two whole years and never got past a week and here i am now at 5 months. What gives me hope are days that i feel myself again motivation and all. They aren't always, and i still feel more down than up but to feel that energy and know it is me and not drug induced is quite something. Taking advantage of this time and going easy on myself. quarantine really got me thriving if I'm honest. cant wait for it to end, i feel like ill be ready to start fighting and creating my life adderall free. <3

• Like 3

On 4/11/2020 at 3:33 PM, dolssa said:

THIS IS CRAZY! I never thought i would get this far holy shit! i literally tried quitting for two whole years and never got past a week and here i am now at 5 months. What gives me hope are days that i feel myself again motivation and all. They aren't always, and i still feel more down than up but to feel that energy and know it is me and not drug induced is quite something. Taking advantage of this time and going easy on myself. quarantine really got me thriving if I'm honest. cant wait for it to end, i feel like ill be ready to start fighting and creating my life adderall free. <3

Does it get noticeably better after the first month or second?

@OneDay i would say the first three months were hardest, no really getting better. i would have a day here or there would i would feel ok, but overall I just did everything i could to not take adderall.  I swear i didn't leave my apartment for 3 months my depression was so bad and I had the worst anxiety about any kind of social interaction. It was not fun. Once i stopped being hard on myself for not having the energy to be a person and just surrendered to Netflix and reading it was better. i just got to the point where i would rather be in withdrawal hell than the alternative adderall rollercoaster. Month 4 i started being able to leave my apartment, get lunch with friends, go to the movies chill stuff. now at month 5 I am working out consistently, and I wake up with motivation to work some days!! Its a slow process. I am no where near as productive and stable as i was pre adderall but i am functioning again not like those first three months of being a vegetable. 

• Like 3