QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Three years.

SeanW

8 hours ago, LuLamb said:

Congratulations on three years! That’s a huge accomplishment. I’ve read many of your post from over the years. You’ve come a long way. My boyfriend asked how I was doing yesterday and I said, “Meh, but not bad-bad. Kinna lacking in motivation and a bit anhedonia-ish” and he laughed and said, “That’s how everybody feels without Adderall!” And tho he was joking, I think there is truth in what he’s saying. Those peeps who have never been speed freaks, who are just living normal, ordinary lives-going to work, earning a paycheck, having some nice times on their time off, are ok with how that is. What a concept!!!! 
Anyhoo- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Cheers to you!!!

Well said! I feel anhedonia everyday.. and I don’t want to be discouraging but three years down and I still feel it. EVERYDAY lol it’s really tough but I just tell myself that it’s part of life and most people feel that way regularly. People who never tried adderall feel it the same way they just can’t relate it to an adderall high like we can, making it seem and feel way worse than it is. 

• Like 1

hey @SeanW

congrats on 3 years!! so glad to hear you're doing well, still playing music and just plain ole living lol. it's so true that we as addicts have a unique point of comparison, and often blame, compared to non-users. ups and downs are just a regular part of life - it feels like a new-normal for us but really it's just a normal normal. (: