QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I wish for more connection...

I wish for more connection specifically with dealing with quitting adderall... I love this forum...  I wish it had meetings or something attached to it.  I go to other meetings but there is something that feels so calming about being with other people who are in the same boat.  Just saying.  I am struggling. 

• Like 2

I find NA meetings very helpful.  It doesn't matter what someones drug of choice was, you quickly hear parallels to your own struggles.  Some of the people I've met through NA are some of my best friends.

I'll warn you its a little weird or cult like when you first go but if you keep going back you'll realize they are just people going through the same struggles as you.  And I'm sure there are several options near you, so you could go to a few and try to find a good fit for you.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom23Jones said:

I find NA meetings very helpful.  It doesn't matter what someones drug of choice was, you quickly hear parallels to your own struggles.  Some of the people I've met through NA are some of my best friends.

I'll warn you its a little weird or cult like when you first go but if you keep going back you'll realize they are just people going through the same struggles as you.  And I'm sure there are several options near you, so you could go to a few and try to find a good fit for you.

Thanks for this.  I was in AA for 8 years and just got kinda burnt out.  I recently joined Recovery Dharma and have been liking that a lot.  I did a zoom NA the other day and that was good.  I appreciate the connection.  :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 27/04/2020 at 11:33 PM, DelaneyJuliette said:

I wish for more connection specifically with dealing with quitting adderall... I love this forum...  I wish it had meetings or something attached to it.  I go to other meetings but there is something that feels so calming about being with other people who are in the same boat.  Just saying.  I am struggling. 

I am struggling too. This past week specifically I have not been coping well. I find it close to impossible to open up to anyone about my feelings, but this forum has been a game-changer for that. I feel like I can speak openly about what I am going through. I hope to be a Veteran of this site one day down the road and offer useful advice for people like me who need it:)

• Like 2

Hi there. I hope you are feeling better. I woke up feeling stuck in the mud, but after a walk on the beach i felt better. I am coming up on a year. I used to go to AA meetings until the Corona virus. I highly recommend hitting a few per week when they open back up NA or AA but I recommend stopping all substances if your going down that path. I stopped it all and its working well. 

I also learned some amazing stuff from a Dr. Marshal Rosenberg and his work. He says we have all been educated poorly when it comes to figuring out our NEEDS.  He says we all have a set of universal needs like companionship, love, community, safety, autonomy, creativity, meaning and purpose. He started the Center for Non Violent Communications which is amazing for conflict resolution with others. I have been practicing it with my family and it works so well. No more fights... "Feelings are the lights on the dashboard letting us know needs are going unmet".  Needs are the life force. We need to figure out or discovery what needs are going unmet, and then take actions to meet those needs.

I have been doing my best to identify unmet needs when I get into depression or fatigue. I make "action lists" to help cover the basics. Based on Rosenbergs work, I kind of get why AA and other 12 step programs are so effective. So many our human needs are met by going to those meeting and working on those steps. Needs for fellowship, to be heard, empathy, love, support, service. etc

I also love the writings of Emmet Fox who was apparantly responsible for all the best principals of the AA program. The founders of the program apparently studied his work. He has a book called. "Power Through Constructive Thinking" which is amazing!  I love focusing on Emmet Fox when I am feeling lost. I just bought a new book of his called "Alter your life". I cant wait to read it next. You can also find his work on Youtube. He has other stuff like, "life is consciousness" and "The Golden Key". Its all so good when your in the dumps. I hope he can help others as much as he helps me. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sweetupbaaby said:

Sometimes I feel so desperate because I am someone who checks this forum out more than once a day looking for people who have posted or replied. It is something to anchor onto when you feel absolutely helpless,

I could not relate more.  I stopped checking it regularly and I want to get back to that.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, speedracer said:

Hi there. I hope you are feeling better. I woke up feeling stuck in the mud, but after a walk on the beach i felt better. I am coming up on a year. I used to go to AA meetings until the Corona virus. I highly recommend hitting a few per week when they open back up NA or AA but I recommend stopping all substances if your going down that path. I stopped it all and its working well. 

I also learned some amazing stuff from a Dr. Marshal Rosenberg and his work. He says we have all been educated poorly when it comes to figuring out our NEEDS.  He says we all have a set of universal needs like companionship, love, community, safety, autonomy, creativity, meaning and purpose. He started the Center for Non Violent Communications which is amazing for conflict resolution with others. I have been practicing it with my family and it works so well. No more fights... "Feelings are the lights on the dashboard letting us know needs are going unmet".  Needs are the life force. We need to figure out or discovery what needs are going unmet, and then take actions to meet those needs.

I have been doing my best to identify unmet needs when I get into depression or fatigue. I make "action lists" to help cover the basics. Based on Rosenbergs work, I kind of get why AA and other 12 step programs are so effective. So many our human needs are met by going to those meeting and working on those steps. Needs for fellowship, to be heard, empathy, love, support, service. etc

I also love the writings of Emmet Fox who was apparantly responsible for all the best principals of the AA program. The founders of the program apparently studied his work. He has a book called. "Power Through Constructive Thinking" which is amazing!  I love focusing on Emmet Fox when I am feeling lost. I just bought a new book of his called "Alter your life". I cant wait to read it next. You can also find his work on Youtube. He has other stuff like, "life is consciousness" and "The Golden Key". Its all so good when your in the dumps. I hope he can help others as much as he helps me. 

I love NVC.  :)  I live by it.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 7:35 PM, MahomeboyKC said:

Just chiming in as a new forum member to let you know that I completely agree. 

Found this site a few hours ago and never felt the precise type of comfort knowing that there’s a community like this. I always thought no one (not even my psych) could ever understand the long term complexity of this drug and trying to quit.

We are in the process of setting up a zoom meeting - more details to come when we figure it out.  :)

• Like 3

@DelaneyJuliette that is SO great to hear! will you be letting the community know once this zoom meeting is figured out? more than happy to help with that as I have set up support groups in the past and am currently trying to ween off adderall for the fifth time. after a boat load of self reflection, I realized the number one thing that I didn't do "right" the first 4x around is have a support group - and there are very few support groups out there (that I have seen) that focus on adderall addiction. I would love the extra support and am also willing to be an "accountability partner" to anyone in this group who is struggling to withdraw or stay off of adderall. 

• Like 3

On 6/1/2020 at 7:35 PM, MahomeboyKC said:

Just chiming in as a new forum member to let you know that I completely agree. 

Found this site a few hours ago and never felt the precise type of comfort knowing that there’s a community like this. I always thought no one (not even my psych) could ever understand the long term complexity of this drug and trying to quit.

I could not agree more and feel the exact same way re: the lack of resources and understanding the complexities of stimulant addiction and the ambiguity that comes with quitting this particular drug...especially for someone who is incredibly type and not only addicted to stimulants, but also addicted to "success" and "busyness" 

I am always hear to speak about my experience(s) and support anyone facing a similar struggle - I've been down this road before, but with a community to lean on, I am hopeful this will be the last 

• Like 1